Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This just came home with me

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Secksy...I keep telling myself I need a roll back, but I'd only need it when my other junk has been sitting a while, therefore the roll back would have been sitting a while too, and then I'd need another roll back for my roll back.

It's lived a rough life, but all the major components are operational, just needs some love, the brakes are scary, has 6 new steer tires, deck is in OK shape, needs to be wired from the cab back, had to roadside repair the wiring for rear lights on the way home. It's pretty good on fuel. Removed the p/o decals off it. Here is the wife posing with it , she is all for it and supports me with this endeavor.

Attachments

• IMG_20161115_075251097_HDR.jpg
Fixed all the lights, none of the clearance lights worked, or any of the aux or work lights, installed a new licence plate light assy, fixed a ton of wiring, now every light on the truck is operational.

Great find .... i would love one of these for my business ....... save hauling a trailer out on collection jobs.

You mean collection, as in nonpayment? I hope not.

Nah ..... have enough vehicles of my own laying around from projectitis and some non payers to not need anymore :):).

I get called out every now and then to scrape up someones mechanical failure from the side of the road or their front yard.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Our small town local shop (35+ years experience) says his bread and butter is in the towing business. He towed a car from the reservation one time because it wouldn't start. He put the car up on the lift and discovered someone had punctured a hole in the gas tank and drained all the gas in it. He deals with this a lot.................

I can't wait to have it operational, for my own use, for scrap hauling and towing, pretty excited, lots of work to do before I can start using it. Took it for a drive after all the wiring was done one evening with the missus, she had fun bouncing along in it. Said again that it us pretty cool to be starting a business . That's funny on the gas tank story, seen similar things in my line of work. I guess I should specify which 7.3 it has being there are both engines available in 94, it is a powerstroke, not the idi.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Best of luck on the biz....I like that body style.

Some progress, been chasing a dangerously low brake pedal and a violent pulsation with brake application. Picked up front rotors, pads and calipers, also changed lanes with brake application. Fronts first, installed new calipers and pads, run-out on rotors almost non existent. OK bleed brakes, still low pedal. P/O said he changed rear lines, one drum and all new rear shoes, backing plates and hold owns. So, bled rears , tiny boubble and then good fluid. Pulled driver drum, all OK there and new drum, adjust minimal amount reinstall drum, the pass side, couldn't pull drum from ridge inside, tried to slack off adjuster, wouldn't move, so just worked drum with 2 bars, while it was working off, noticed one shoe was coming off too, and I wasn't pulling hard. Got the drum off, hold down was never installed, it wasn't inside the drum. And the drum had big chunk of rust on surface for shoes, but had Ned backing plate, shoes and hold down kit, minus a few pieces, and the new adjuster was wound together, no wonder it had a 2 pump pedal. GRRR, half a$$ $#it!! . So got parts in trunk of car now, new holdown kit and one new drum. Gonna put it together tonight and hopefully it will stop properly

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
She stops great now, can apply the brake with confidence and the emergency brake works now. Here is an action pic bringing another rig home. The bronco will be my plow truck

Nice Combination!

She stops great now, can apply the brake with confidence and the emergency brake works now. Here is an action pic bringing another rig home. The bronco will be my plow truck

Very nice ...... sooo jealous :):)

What sized winch does it have?

8000lb Ramsey. I'll be removing the deck from this truck. Not a heavy enough chassis. Was thinking of putting a wrecker body on this truck. Would be nice to have a 4x4 wrecker for doing remote recoveries, off road and jeeping is a big thing in these parts and always hearing of someone who is stranded by themselves somewhere on a trail.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts