Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

weird sound.. audible alert?

was just driving home.. its raining here, torental down pour for 5 mins.. i get on the high way and i noticed my air bag light came on.. i was lookin at it expecting a code 32, as soon as i start lookin at it, it stoped.. THEN i herd a beeping noise.. 3 beeps, pause, 3 beeps, pause and so on.. NEVER heard of this before, and it wasnt coming from my speakers, sounded like in or under the dash...

is there some sort of audible alert in these? if so, what is it, and how important is it?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Never heard of it either. I've been under my dash tons of times and I don't ever remember seeing anything with a speaker. Maybe the airbag module?

hmm... time to search OASIS

FOUND IT!!!
Ford OASIS said:
Tone Generator

The air bag indicator is the prime means of determining the supplemental air bag restraint system status. However, if the air bag indicator is inoperative and a system fault exists, a tone will sound in a pattern of five sets of five beeps. If this occurs, the air bag indicator will need to be serviced before further diagnosing and testing can be completed. Unless serviced, the supplemental air bag restraint system may not function properly in the event of an accident.

it was weird... thought the air bag was gunna blow lol...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts