Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Engine Control Module

1995 E350 Crew Cab, 460, automatic. How do I determine the correct, original number for the engine computer? The local shop I took it to for an engine running issue did fix the issue, but in the process told me the control module had been replaced at some point with an incorrect one. The only problem I notice is that the "Check Engine" light often comes on and stays on. It resets when turned off and does not leave a diagnostic code behind.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I went through the same thing with my 96 F350 crew...so it may be in a different location for you...ford told me there is a calibration code near the b pillar striker or door post itself, or even the valve cover. The calibration code should look something like 6-R10-05. Then you should be able to cross reference that code to the appropriate computer for your rig. For 96, there were like 15 different computers and each one had like 7 different calibration codes.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts