Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Programming remote

Hi,
I've read all I can on this website, plus on the web, and am still having problems trying to program a used remote I bought on eBay. Note, my first remote is working. I lost the second one and thus bought the used one.
First of all, I want to make sure I'm going down the right path. My 1993 F-250 probably uses the programming method where the two pins on the connector are shorted. Right? If not, I've tried the on-off programming method (5 turns, 8 turns, and 10 turns) with no luck.
As for the two-pin connector, I can't find it. My security unit has a FCC-ID # of GOH-052-RMTPL. The used remote I bought has the same FCC number on it as of my working remote, re: GOH-MM6-101890. Note, I do have airbags wiring and a wiring harness for the trailer that are under the dash. I wonder if the truck ever came with the unused two-pin connector or if it did, maybe it was removed during the installation of these two other items? I even searched for the colored wires, re: yellow with gray or white, with no avail. And I've even checked in the engine compartment. Note, the remote has only two keys: A and D.
I even read about a programming method which uses a override button but I don't see it either under the dash.
Any ideas? Hints? Suggestions? WAGs? (And I checked to make sure the remote's battery is good.)
Regards, Mike

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
this for a 93 explorer but should be the same.
1. Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.

2. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN eight times within ten seconds, ending in RUN. If the RAP module has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and then unlock all doors.

3. Press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed.

4. If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Diagnosis and Testing.

5. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to 20 seconds after step 2, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed (or reprogrammed), the RAP module will lock and unlock all doors one last time to confirm.
6. If this does not work remove the battery from the remote to clear the code and retry.
Good Luck

Ford OASIS said:
NOTE: The remote entry module can store up to four transmitters in memory.

Programming Transmitter(s)

To program (or re-program) transmitter(s) into the remote entry module, perform the following steps:

Turn the ignition switch to the ON or ON/ACCY position and short the two terminals of the program connector (J2), a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock.

Press any button on a transmitter. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to PINPOINT TEST D.

Repeat Step 2 to program additional transmitters into the control module (up to four transmitters maximum).

Turn ignition off. All doors should lock and then unlock.

Make sure that the short has been removed from the Program Connector (J2).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here ya go

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Man u r lucky here I had 19 truck none of which were set up for remote. Its was not even thought of in my area for a none Bronco

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts