Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got a decent exhaust sound clip

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sounds great Chris YelloThumbUp It's amazing how the same engine can sound so DRASTICALLY different depending on how the exhaust is set up...

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Skan, would you mind clarifying a few things about your exhaust for me?

The 2-into-1 Magnaflow cat acting as your y-pipe, what size are the inlets and outlets? I'm guessing 2" and 2.5" out? I'm guessing the second cat is 3"?

Are you using a flowmaster y-pipe or something similar to split off the two tailpipes?

Thanks.

Sounds great! Quite clean actually, not all raspy like some trucks. I've always thought your truck was gorgeous. :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The 2-into-1 Magnaflow cat acting as your y-pipe, what size are the inlets and outlets? I'm guessing 2" and 2.5" out? I'm guessing the second cat is 3"?
Front cat:
http://www.car-sound.com/02product/displayuniversal01.asp?catalogid=49533&universal=33007

Rear cat:
http://www.car-sound.com/02product/displayuniversal01.asp?catalogid=49506&universal=34106

But the guy who did my exhaust, a friend of my brother's who works at an exhaust shop, took it upon himself to snip the necks of the 2.5" tubes to open them up and fit directly onto 3" pipe, as you can see below:

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

Spencer said:
Are you using a flowmaster y-pipe or something similar to split off the two tailpipes?
No its some sort of quasi y-pipe that the exhaust guy made for me.

DSC019361024x768.jpg

DSC019371024x768.jpg

DSC019391024x768.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Funny side note: If you listen close enough to my sound clip you can hear my old PS pump whining throughout the entire recording :rofl2:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts