Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 07-24-2016, 07:18 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Did you try clearing your cache as Randy suggested?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2016, 07:38 PM

welderr is on a distinguished road
yea, only place I am having problems with is here. Post pics every where else, no problem. Used a torch today to clean up the frame a bit. pretty much ready to blast and prime.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:49 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Can you try loading to the gallery instead of as an attachment?...just curious if that solves the problem...if not can you take a screenshot and email it to us please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:56 PM

ok
Old 08-14-2016, 05:14 PM

vBulletin Message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Here is a copy and paste of what I get. Don't know how to do a screen shot. Sorry
Old 08-30-2016, 05:15 PM

adtkart is on a distinguished road
WOW....what a project! I read all the posts on this and want to point out a few things. First, good idea to trash that old frame. It would never be safe with a 2 wheel drive. Definately would not last on a 4 wheel. Before transfering everything over, I would blast the frame and prime it with a quality epoxy primer. If you use a real epoxy primer in black, there is no reason to even paint it afterwards. In all honesty, I would not consider using Por-15, but apparently here, like a lot of forums, people like it. I can write a book on why not to use it, but that is your choice. Just protect the frame from corrosion, because in your area it obviously will get eaten fast.

When replacing the rivets with bolts, go to the next larger size bolts and use only grade 8 bolts and nuts.

Keep in mind that, unlike those other manufacturer's toy trucks, Ford's body lines usually line up when the bed and cab are mounted right.

Good Luck

Aaron D. Thomas
Old 08-30-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtkart View Post
WOW....what a project! I read all the posts on this and want to point out a few things. First, good idea to trash that old frame. It would never be safe with a 2 wheel drive. Definately would not last on a 4 wheel. Before transfering everything over, I would blast the frame and prime it with a quality epoxy primer. If you use a real epoxy primer in black, there is no reason to even paint it afterwards. In all honesty, I would not consider using Por-15, but apparently here, like a lot of forums, people like it. I can write a book on why not to use it, but that is your choice. Just protect the frame from corrosion, because in your area it obviously will get eaten fast.

When replacing the rivets with bolts, go to the next larger size bolts and use only grade 8 bolts and nuts.

Keep in mind that, unlike those other manufacturer's toy trucks, Ford's body lines usually line up when the bed and cab are mounted right.

Good Luck

Aaron D. Thomas
Thanks Aaron, Yea, I have done a lot of prep work to the new / used frame. Eliminated a bunch of extra stuff and made a couple of frame liners. I did have to cut the front of the old frame off and add it to the new due to the suspension difference. I am using a epoxy style primer that I got through our body shop. NOT cheap. Was told it was real good. I said, better be for that price..

Kinda gave up on this thread because I can't post pictures. Just trudging along when i can
Old 08-31-2016, 08:06 PM

test picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ford frame 001.jpg (515.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-31-2016, 08:17 PM

Ok, we are back in business. Here is my replacement frame. It was a 1990 F150 FWD. There are a few minor differences, as I was told there would be. Junk yard left a whole lot of extra "stuff" on the frame. Have some work to do on this thing. I have all ready done quite a bit. More pictures to follow along with some questions and some explanations.

Ya know. pictures are getting frustrating, Catching the "upload failure" now
Old 08-31-2016, 08:20 PM

Logged out and logged back in, try again.

ford frame 002.jpg:
Upload of file failed.
ford frame 003.jpg:
Upload of file failed.
ford frame 004.jpg:
Upload of file failed.

What am I doing wrong?