Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

seat options

what are my seat options for a 1953 F-100 pickup? i am primarily interested in a bench seat to replace the stock seat to look somewhat original, and one that may be readily available.

The rangers are almost the same width as our trucks. Most of them have a split bench (40/60). That is a popular swap for a bench.

Now..if you were looking for buckets...almost anything can fit.

My 56 has the original seat (re-upholstered). It needs some padding added though.

BTW: Welcome to the site. Post up some pics of your truck when you can.

bobf100

SloopJohn - Welcome to the site.

I think you will find that the 53 - 56 F100 cab is extremely narrow. Not too many seats will fit without some form of modification. Besides the Ranger option Brian talked about there is another popular swap that works pretty well and that would be a mid-80's chevy bench from the full size pickup. You can pick them up in a junk yard cheap and most FLAPS (friendly local area parts stores) carry seat covers if you want to dress them up. For my 56 I used the seat out of a later F150 Superduty but had to narrow the seat frame to get it into my cab. It's tight with only about half inch between the seat sides and the door panel.

Post up a picture of your truck I'm sure everybody would like to see it. Glad you joined the site we "effie" guys need to stick together.

'53 F100 seat

thanks for the info. the original seat is pretty beat and finding an original has not been fruitful.
the truck is in the build stage back to original pretty much. will post some pictures a little further along.

Cool! I love to see them built back close to original. Mine is the same. Close. Not quite, but close. It is just a driver.

I have a friend with a 53. His is close (sort of). The engine was swapped to a Y-block from a 62 galaxy. It should be a flat head. Other than that, it has a ford 9" and fancy wheels and tires.

Ford Truck Articles