Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking thermostat, but....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Vince, oh guru of 6.0's, I am having an issue. Truck will only get warm inside the cab under HEAVY engine load, but then it cools back off. Electronic clutch on the fan is running ALL THE TIME, but only after the dummy water guage says warm.?!

I am going to check the lower rad hose tomorrow as I don't drive this truck much but do have to get her out tomorrow.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Vince, oh guru of 6.0's, I am having an issue. Truck will only get warm inside the cab under HEAVY engine load, but then it cools back off. Electronic clutch on the fan is running ALL THE TIME, but only after the dummy water guage says warm.?!

I am going to check the lower rad hose tomorrow as I don't drive this truck much but do have to get her out tomorrow.
Yeah, If the thermostats were stuck open (or not there) It'd behave like that.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Replaced it and found the coolant low as well. When I took the t-stat out there wasn't any coolant that came out. I was surprised and it took about 2 gallons to fill her up. Any ideas as to where the coolant is going? I have no moisture coming out of the tailpipe and I am afraid to pull the dipstick LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
But as far as everything else that I had an issue with it was fixed with this.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Replaced it and found the coolant low as well. When I took the t-stat out there wasn't any coolant that came out. I was surprised and it took about 2 gallons to fill her up. Any ideas as to where the coolant is going? I have no moisture coming out of the tailpipe and I am afraid to pull the dipstick LOL
Usual places, water pump, hose under the turbo (pass side), degas cap, or if the front cover is cavitated, into the pan.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts