Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2012 F-450 Ambulance

We are preparing to order a 2012 ambulance. It will probably be a Ford F-450 Superduty chasis.

Have any of you had to work on any 2011 Ford ambulances?

I notice a lot of manufacturers are going to the Dodge this year. I think they are getting a lot of complaints about the Ford ambulances.

One of the state inspectors for the Va EMS licenseing agency has stated there are a number of agencies haveing problems with the Ford.

Just trying to make the right decision. We have used all Ford Type I ambulances since late 1970's.

blacksnapon

Staff member
The 2011/12 will be the new 6.7 Ford engine. All I've had to do so far is replace 1 turbo on an F350 contractors truck.

Update on ambulance purchase.

We have signed the contract for a 2012 F-450, 4 X 4, Osage "Super Warrior" ambulance. Box will be 172" long and 72" high. 6.7 super duty engine 4X4.
Our entire fleet of 4 ambulances will be four wheel drive.

This unit will join our 2004, 2008 and 2010 ambulances.

We will offer our 2002 F-350 7.3 diesel ambulance for sale. It has less than 80,000 miles and is 2 wheel drive. The body is a Medic-Master 152” box. Anyone have any idea how much it is worth?

Post pics when you get it.

Sorry took so long to post picture. It's been in service 1-1/2 years now.
Can't figure out how to post a picture here. Added it to my picks in gallery.

Ford Truck Articles