Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Racin' tonight

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
BRIAN,

I know it's short notice, but I'll be in Rogersville, MO tonight runnin' my baby again. Gonna see what she'll do with the new turbo, NOS and Water/Meth injection. :) Hopefully, I'll be able to drive her home!!

:nana: YelloThumbUp :nana:

Too late.

Plus I had minor surgery today. No way can I drive. I am goofier than I usually am with the anesthesia. I am sooooo sleepy right now. LOL

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Well, the only video is my truck being towed by a Dodge. :( She broke. Lost oil pressure at 2/3 track. On a good note, she coasted in at 14.6, so se was on her way to a really good run. At the moment however, she's parked outside the gates awating a tow truck to retreive her in the am.

Well, the only video is my truck being towed by a Dodge. :( She broke. Lost oil pressure at 2/3 track. On a good note, she coasted in at 14.6, so se was on her way to a really good run. At the moment however, she's parked outside the gates awating a tow truck to retreive her in the am.
Todd, that is just awful news. I hope for your sake it's something simple.....and cheap. On the lighter side, didn't ya have any duct tape with ya? 'hah'

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Todd, that is just awful news. I hope for your sake it's something simple.....and cheap. On the lighter side, didn't ya have any duct tape with ya? 'hah'
Our guess at the moment is that we lost the Low Pressure Oil Pump on the front of the engine. Pretty sure the whining I heard right before she quite was the gears coming apart, so, no, you can't duct tape gears back together Goosey. :) Remember though about the cheap parts, I HAVE a SPARE engine complete. :) But I'm looking into some Billet replacement gears too.

BTW- Anyone know how hard it is to stop 8000 pounds with NO POWER running 80+MPH!! OMG!! And STEERING!! Holy Crap!!

On a good note, I still beat the Duraturd running next to me and I coasted the last 1/3 of the track! :D

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
I'm sorry to hear about your truck Todd!!

I have to ask, is this truck your daily driver? If you don't have another vehicle to drive, have you considered the consequences if you tore this
truck up?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
SHE'S BACK IN TOWN!! YelloThumbUp

Whew!! Guess I can sleep tonight again! The tow truck made it back. Guess it wasn't a good night for anyone though. He hit a deer on the way back and busted up the front of the tow truck. :) My baby's ok though. :nana:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
i have heard alot of fluid dampers busting lpop gears.

Okay that is a new one. Why do you think the fluidampr is causing the LPOP to fail? I would think it would be just the opposite. Inquiring minds want to know, ran lots of fluidamprs on gas race motors. Please educate me BTH.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
i have several thoughts on why its busting the gears, u but i couldnt tell exactly why. i float in and out of other sites and read alot of stuff online and i see alot of lpop gear failure with guys that run fluid dampers.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
i have several thoughts on why its busting the gears, u but i couldnt tell exactly why. i float in and out of other sites and read alot of stuff online and i see alot of lpop gear failure with guys that run fluid dampers.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts on the subject, as it is definitely an interesting potential problem. I wonder if it is a result of the fluidampr or because most of the guys running fluidampr's are also running higher Hp & Torque and many of them are also racing, and the racing & increased performance is more the issues finding the weak link in the LPOP.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts on the subject, as it is definitely an interesting potential problem. I wonder if it is a result of the fluidampr or because most of the guys running fluidampr's are also running higher Hp & Torque and many of them are also racing, and the racing & increased performance is more the issues finding the weak link in the LPOP.
This subject has my curiosity peaked.....

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
i have heard the lpop gears popping on stock trucks i think, then again who knows. diesel garage and powerstroke has a few guys that have stated their gears have come apart, and all of them have had the fluid damper if my memory serves me correctly. then again, it may be the higher rpm killing just as well. i am not familiar with the fliud damper myself so i dont know any specs on it so i have alot of possiblities on my mind. is the fluid damper the same size or different diameter?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts