Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Site User F250 Trailer Special

Hello all, I am new to this site. I have come across a 73-76 F250 Trailer Special. I am trying to figure out what year it is. And if anyone has any opinions on it as a general truck, nothing specific. I think it is a 1974. It was my grandfathers he bought new and now I have it and am wondering if it is worth restoring and getting into the G6 family. I can't find much on the "Trailer Special" but my guess is it is just a special duty F250. It is a single cab, long bed with the basic "custom" trim package. No idea what the engine is. Any advice, encouragement of other info on jumping into this pool with you guys. Never thought I would be doing this but after reading stuff for a few days it seems there is a loyal and fun following of these trucks.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF! Post up some pics and we will bw able to tell you the year.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Welcome to the ol FTF and to the Gen 6 family, if your grille is a fine pattern and a split grille with round headlights and the turn lights are above the headlights with the word FORD between them then you've got a 73 to 75 if it's the same layout but with the egg crate inserts then you have a 76 to 77, 78- 79 had the Louisville style grille. I'd say yes restore that truck especially being your Grandfather's truck, take your time and have fun, be patient and don't give upsmiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogo

Thanks y'all. It is the split grill with no egg crate inserts. I think you last sentence said it best and gave me motivation just like that. No need to get it running right off, go slow and enjoy the process and learn. Thanks. I will see if I can get some pics in the next few days. Then maybe you all can help me with the engine. I actually think I may still be able to read the door jam tags. When I got looking last night it was almost dark so hard to see em, but I wanted to post here just to get some info.

Only thing with restoring it is, I am in Texas and the truck has no a/c :)

1977 F-250 4X4 w/ 400 engine

Hello All,
I am new on here and having trouble navigating, maybe it's my age. Anyway, I am looking for resources to help me find quality parts to make some repairs to my truck, as I just purchased it. I will take any info whether it be internet links/ sites or local junk/ salvage yards known to have 6G 250's in them; I live in Alabama. I appreciate any links you guys can send. Not my first Ford, but it is my first Ford project.
Thank you in advance.
Doug

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Thanks y'all. It is the split grill with no egg crate inserts. I think you last sentence said it best and gave me motivation just like that. No need to get it running right off, go slow and enjoy the process and learn. Thanks. I will see if I can get some pics in the next few days. Then maybe you all can help me with the engine. I actually think I may still be able to read the door jam tags. When I got looking last night it was almost dark so hard to see em, but I wanted to post here just to get some info.

Only thing with restoring it is, I am in Texas and the truck has no a/c :)

There's a lot worse reasons to fix up a truck than being sentimental:)

As for the AC, we live in Texas too and added it to our '77 pretty easily using a kit built for dents. Well worth the money in August:cooldude:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The Vehicle Certification Label (rear face of driver's door) [confused] should have the date of manufacture on it if it is still visible and is the original door.
Warranty Plate riveted to the left door face below the latch, has the VIN and misc codes stamped on it.

Safety Standard Certification Label glued to the B pillar below the striker plate, has the production date printed on upper left corner, the VIN and misc GVWR's on it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts