Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0 oil cooler

blacksnapon

Staff member
I just finished up an oil cooler replacement. This thing was the worst failure I've ever seen! It had oil dripping down the OUTSIDE of the fenders. I however got some measure of fun out of it, I got to use the new BG coolant flush machine on it. I made sure I warned the salesman and the service manager "It won't hurt it at all! It may even be good for it!". After running 4 gallons of simple green through it, doing 7 flushes (still looks like chocolate milk) I don't think we'll be doing any more flushes with that machine!:rofl:

blacksnapon

Staff member
BG is the brand name. They have coolant, brake system, transmission, driveline flushers, intake system cleaners, and my favorite, diesel injector flush machines.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
BG is the brand name. They have coolant, brake system, transmission, driveline flushers, intake system cleaners, and my favorite, diesel injector flush machines.

Upon getting the "diesel injector flush".... you, the owner get an enema when you get the bill!!!! Just use good fuel, change your fuel filters with OEM/Racor filters on time and use a name brand fuel additive that increases cetane, lubricity and injector cleaners and you'll be money ahead.

But a good enema flush isn't a bad thing either from time to time eaither.:nana:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Upon getting the "diesel injector flush".... you, the owner get an enema when you get the bill!!!! Just use good fuel, change your fuel filters with OEM/Racor filters on time and use a name brand fuel additive that increases cetane, lubricity and injector cleaners and you'll be money ahead.

But a good enema flush isn't a bad thing either from time to time eaither.:nana:
Now (this is the good employee talking) don't you realize that these machines will cure everything from flat tires to bad plug wires!:rolling laugh: :bs:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Now (this is the good employee talking) don't you realize that these machines will cure everything from flat tires to bad plug wires!
Kewel!! It'll fix the plug wires on my 6.0L!?! I know there's a problem with them cause I just couldn't find them today when I was cleaning up the intake.

Ford Truck Articles