Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Turn Signal Help

I have a 1977 F-150 Custom with a 4.9l and automatic transmission. My turn signals don't flash. The emergency flashers work fine. All bulbs are lit and flash. Found flasher for emergency flasher but not one for turn signals...if there is another one. I'm confused because the flashers work fine. I'm thinking no problem with wires or bulbs. i did notice the passenger side rear marker light is out. Not sure that matters. Any idea? Also, the cluster dashback is pretty much crumbled too. ti

Last edited:

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
There are usually separate flashers for the four ways and the turn signals. They may be in different places... I don't know for sure on your year

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
There are two flashers, both pretty close to the instrument cluster. The schematics say the emergency flasher is on the instrument panel and the turn signal flasher is on the y-support behind the instrument panel.

On our truck they are indeed behind the instrument panel but are no longer in their original positions attached to anything, they just sort of hang back up in there.

Hope this helps.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
There are two flashers, both pretty close to the instrument cluster.

The schematics say the turn signal flasher plugs into the back of the instrument cluster and the 4 way flasher nestles into a bracket that attaches to the backside of dash adjacent to the instrument cluster with a screw.
See parts catalog pic:

Attachments

• 20161008142052.jpg
Last edited:
Thank you. Bill -I Took off dash cover and exposed dashback and found the flasher hanging behind it just like everyone said. I swapped it out with the 4-way flasher and it works fine. The turn signal looked like the original one since it was marked Motorcraft Part, etc Thank ands I will get another one soon.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts