Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Won't Start

I have a 90 ford F150 with a 302. When I turn the key to the start position nothing happens. I have replaced the ignition switch thinking that was the problem but it was not. When I turn the key to the start position all of the normal dash lights come on and I can hear the fuel pump engage.

I have taken a screwdriver and jumped across the starter solenoid (not smart I know) and the truck will start. I just did this to try and isolate the problem.
So I know the problem is between the switch and the solenoid.

Any Ideas? I forgot to mention it is a manual transmission.

Thanks

I have a 90 ford F150 with a 302. When I turn the key to the start position nothing happens. I have replaced the ignition switch thinking that was the problem but it was not. When I turn the key to the start position all of the normal dash lights come on and I can hear the fuel pump engage.

I have taken a screwdriver and jumped across the starter solenoid (not smart I know) and the truck will start. I just did this to try and isolate the problem.
So I know the problem is between the switch and the solenoid.

Any Ideas? I forgot to mention it is a manual transmission.

Thanks

It maybe the starter relay...:)

blacksnapon

Staff member
Clutch switch would be a good starting place. It prevents starter function unless the clutch pedal is pressed.

Ford Truck Articles