Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build thread

You know im not sure about the ratio i was told the carb would be pre adjusted. I didnt smell gas coming out the exhaust. So i dont think it was running rich.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What kind of vacuum? Brake booster pcv the dizzy advance? I think thats reallyall,thats on there now..

I think i have a trans line to hook up?

I know i if i plug the booster vacuum on my jeep it will kill it but thats got all the electronics on it.

Any sort of vacuum leak can cause issues....if there is a gasket leak or a hose leak for example.

A new factory carb is generally setup to run out of the box.

I would like to put a new ignition in it new dizzy, new wiring new coil nice wires and a good brass or copper cap and rotor..

I know she does have weak spark..

I can start over on my timing when,i,geta new dizzy and totally eliminate,that issue and move on to a new vacuum system..

If the intake was leaking would it cause this issue? It wast the first intake i have ever done so it is highly possible i didnt get a good seal somewhere

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yes, a leak can happen with the intake gasket.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Get a can of carb cleaner and spray around the mating surface of the manifold, if the rpm changes you've found your leak.

Ill just do the carb cleaner i already have a can in the truck, ill remember the propane torch for another time.

Does anybody know if the 78-79 steering is bolt in for my 76? Im changing the pitman arm as well

Its been way too long :( i miss the forum. I lost my truck keys so i havent had it running in awhile..

This new jeep is a pita, heads are bad so thats my current project after thse maybe ill start spoiling the truck again...

If i can pull it off it will be on the road somewhat, not much but at least a few times until next spring.

Attachments

• IMG_20150612_000923.jpg
Update....
Lost the keys again temporarily cant remember where i put them..

I need to either get the truck in a storage unit or sell it along with my 86 cherokee. I ended up lifting my dd jeep and putting money into it every check. I have to pay taxes in april but after that is done i plan to get the truck registered and get the dizzy and vacuum lines done so i can drive it.

At this point i want to gear it down and not worry about mpg as much i know with the current 3.50 it doesnt have good mpg anyway. I think 4.56 or 4.88 in the future with 35-37" tires. I want to do a cam and headers at some point and toying with the idea of supercharging it possibly...

Need to get my cherokee running and get rid of it

If you supercharge it, you gotta post up some vids!:cooldude:

Will do....

My fiance had the keys in her purse! She was getting something outof it tuesday and pulled my keys out and said oh yeah i still have your keys in my purse. I looked for them for the last month and she had them this whole time.

Need to get a ps pump pulley and a new ps belt.

Parts list...

Moog steering linkage

Cardone dizzy new, no core

Msd coil

8Mm wires

Ps pump pulley/belt

Drop pitman arm not sure of a brand yet

Suweet ,hows the truck coming along ,do anymore to it?..:)

Not yet. Will try to get up and get it going this weekend. Maybe not, i have a concussion and it weekend my immune system so i somehow got shingles. Yayyy. I dont why i cant just get a cold or something. When i get sick its always something bad.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts