Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Good Deal or not???????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I dunno much about EB's, but have gotten the itch to pick one up, but rarely find any that aren't already done up and asking $15k. This one is in pieces, but it just looks to be the front clip and the interior (but it looks like most everything is still there). What are parts availability for these things? Is it too much work to get it back to puttzing around duty????

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103625

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I bet you'd be $15k into that by the time you got it decent...

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
don't know a lot but Bronco Graveyard and James Duff are just a few places where you can get what would be needed. It looks like it needs a lot of work and you would probably have some $$$ in it by the time you're done.

You would save a bunch of $$$ because you can do most work yourself and they are very cool.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

I was more worried about getting it mechanically sound and rolling under it's own power. Primary use would be as a tug, woods beater, to have something nimble...and just to say I have one. But you bring up a good point...rarely do we ever stop at 'good enough' in this hobby. Might be worth it to find one that's already put together but is in beater status. As much as I prefer to build instead of buy, I prefer saving money more. And by the time I rebuilt the engine, had the tranny gone through, go through the t-case and axles...I'd probably be looking at 5k alone, plus purchase price. Thanks...I just got excited seeing an EB for so cheap...and probably jumped the gun.

don't know a lot but Bronco Graveyard and James Duff are just a few places where you can get what would be needed. It looks like it needs a lot of work and you would probably have some $$$ in it by the time you're done.

You would save a bunch of $$$ because you can do most work yourself and they are very cool.

Thanks...forgot about James Duff.

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I was more worried about getting it mechanically sound and rolling under it's own power. Primary use would be as a tug, woods beater, to have something nimble...and just to say I have one. But you bring up a good point...rarely do we ever stop at 'good enough' in this hobby. Might be worth it to find one that's already put together but is in beater status. As much as I prefer to build instead of buy, I prefer saving money more. And by the time I rebuilt the engine, had the tranny gone through, go through the t-case and axles...I'd probably be looking at 5k alone, plus purchase price. Thanks...I just got excited seeing an EB for so cheap...and probably jumped the gun.

Thanks...forgot about James Duff.

From what little I know about you Ben, $5k would be "on the low end" to maybe even "not so much" or "I don't think so"......I bet you'd nickel and dime yourself to $10k to get it running the way you want.....and you know more than I what you could get on the market for $10-15k....and it would be more than just in running condition.....just my guess and IMO.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You're probably right Ken...I just got really excited and let the clutch out on my mouth before I put my brain in gear.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Yeah...I'd rather have that. Thanks for setting me straight guys.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts