Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Bronco

Bronco Full Size Bronco Discussion

Old 04-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
78/9 Bronco manuals say you need to remove the starter to access all the oil pan bolts. I find pulling and reinstalling the starter is much more tedious (1/4 turn on the bolts gets old) than fishing for a couple oil pan bolts. In reality, it's not so bad...I take my 1/4" set, use a 6" ext. to a wobble joint to a standard length socket. You can't reach up directly to the bolt, but if you work your way in from the end of the starter, (kinda like operation, but with a ratchet extension) you'll be on your bolt in no time. If you wanna get real fancy, magnetize your socket (then you won't have to worry about falling off your bolt)...then put a piece of rubber hose over your socket so it doesn't stick to anything else.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone wanting to swap in a super cooling radiator may be instructed to get upper hose 7799 (NAPA PN, cross reference PN's for other stores) to fit properly. Well that hose is $32. However, you can also get hose 7757 (NAPA PN), you will need to fine trim both ends a little, but this hose is $15...$17 in your pocket to buy that antifreeze you'll need.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM

BigRob will become famous soon enoughBigRob will become famous soon enough
Found this site... has a lot of technical info.

http://www3.telus.net/cbradley/Engin...fications.html

And this one as well...

http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=1

1994 Eddie Bauer|5.8|My SuperMotors

Last edited by smokey; 11-29-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: fixed your first link