Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Garage and Tool Zone

Garage and Tool Zone Tool discussion, or anything pertaining to your garage.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:44 PM

slmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Tools

Going to start this thread and stick it.

This is for tools that the everyday guy might not ever need or purchase but would be cool to have.

Also for new tools that you think might be useful or just cool.

Here is my first offering:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/SeeSnake-micro/index.htm

Saw it on a show today. Pretty cool if you ask me.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Post Whores Make Me Sick

Skandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond repute
Dude that thing is awesome! How much does it cost?

I dunno if I know of any cool uneccessay tools...

Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 PM

slmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond repute
guess they don't really have to be unnecessary. Just cool and something you don't see everyday.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:04 AM

CaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond reputeCaFordDude has a reputation beyond repute
Ok I am not sure this qualifies as a tool or not but here it goes.

I happen to come by 3 rolls of this stuff called Mule Tape. I didn't really know what it was at the time but apparently it is used to pull fiberoptics through cables. I snatched up the three rolls of it just cause it loooked cool.

After looking it up it looks like it is almost like high strength rope.

The stuff I have looks like it is rated at 3000lbs break strength.

Anyways seemed cool, except now I have 3 rolls of the stuff laying around. I will never buy twine or string again IN MY LIFE.
http://www.muletape.com/website/nept...6?OpenDocument

The One-Step MULETAPE Advantage

NEPTCO's family of measuring and pulling tapes substantially reduces cable installation labor, material and inventory costs by providing a threading line, a measuring tape, and a winchline all in one product. MULETAPE® reduces damage to underground plants, improves efficiency, and enhances worker safety.

Our tapes are manufactured with a low stretch polyester material that distributes heat across its wide, flat profile. This improves efficiency and prevents "snap back", which occurs when a rope under high tension elongates and either breaks, or snaps back... often injuring the installer.

Features & Benefits

Pre-lubrication reduces friction levels and eliminates duct cutting.
Lower elongation reduces pulling time, enhances worker safety, and prevents crushed capstans
Lightweight, easily blown through conduit or innerduct
Accurate sequential footage or meter markings enable monitoring of cable location during a pull, eliminate the need for measuring tapes, and help determine the quantity remaining on a partial roll
Variety of constructions available
Packaged in splice-free lengths up to 100,000 ft. (30 km) for faster, easier cable placement
Available in a variety of strengths up to 6,000 lbs (2727 kg)
Easily spliced using conventional methods and/or our own MULEKNOT™

What the rolls look like.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Breaking the rules

SublimeZ is on a distinguished road
I got a new saw that everyone should know about. Cuts smooth as butter and over 8 lbs lighter than the non magnesium model. It's $30 more, but easily worth it. (imho) Most likely the last circular saw I'll ever buy. You should check it out when you get a chance...

http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/....aspx?ID=24030

Old 11-07-2010, 11:30 PM

Alvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud of
And it'll be soooo coooool when it catches on fire too! LOL :)
BTDT with old air cooled VW engine and transmission cases.
Anybody else here ever burn magnesium? :)

Alvin in AZ
Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 AM

03_7.3_SD is on a distinguished road
My wife got me this yesterday present. GearWrench 49 pc pass threw socket set. It'll come in handy when I'm workn on my Harley and other lil various jobs. GearWrench Set You can get them at Sears and they have a lifetime warrenty.

I've had the 10 pcs set of the flex head SAE GearWrench set for almost 6 yrs now and use them more than my regular Craftsman wrenches. Aint broke one yet neither. Also bought the metric flex head wrenches as well.

Combat Vets Motorcycle Association Most PPL call me MUDFLAP

03 F250 SD w/7.3(TONAGE WINS!!) 72 F250 w/390(The Mule) 81 XLT Bronco(Needs a motor, LOL) 99 Ranger XLT 3.0, 5SPD, 4x4 SuperCab (Daily Driver)
Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 AM

Alvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud ofAlvin in AZ has much to be proud of
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/bushing&remover.jpg
Old 09-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Possum is a glorious beacon of lightPossum is a glorious beacon of lightPossum is a glorious beacon of lightPossum is a glorious beacon of lightPossum is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin in AZ View Post

WTH Alvin?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by *lenny1carl
Really....Goose you're more "coot" than me. What the heck??
Old 09-06-2011, 02:49 PM

http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/bushing&remover.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
WTH Alvin?????
LOL

It's a pilot bearing puller for 429/460 and FE/FT engines.
Slide the nut in the hole side ways then screw the bolt into it.

Everybody...
Post the tools you've made, take pictures or use a scanner

Alvin in AZ
ps- smilies intact for a change