Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Garage and Tool Zone

Garage and Tool Zone Tool discussion, or anything pertaining to your garage.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Craftsman 12 Point Combination Wrench

I bought a set of these more out of curiosity than anything else, but I was quite pleased. I was trying to remove a nut off of the top of a strut tower that had bed liner sprayed on the threads. My old 8 point wrench would only go so far and it was starting to round off the sides of the nut. I put one of these on the nut and was able to get the nut off with no slippage. That was using a 12" cheater bar to get the nut all the way off.

They are made in the USA, and are well built. I bought mine at the local hardware store.

http://www.kmart.com/craftsman-12-pc...p-00931089000P

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2016, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! Quality is still pretty good on some of the craftsman tools.

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 08-14-2016, 02:33 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't seen that set before but then again its been over 10 years since I have been in a Sears store.
Randy
Old 08-14-2016, 03:16 PM

Lorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to behold
seen those, glad the work!

i use alot of craftsman basic tools (sockets and wrench) everyday. the true craftsman stuff (not evol) still holds up well.

"May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law" Immanual Kant

00 Vw jetta 2.0
77 f150 429
83 Buick century 4.3 diesel (lost to young fun)
-and many others
Old 08-14-2016, 06:43 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Picked a set of those at the flea market the other week
Metric, and standard.
Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, so glad to see they work!
Old 08-15-2016, 07:33 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be interested in giving those a shot...looks like they have more grip/biting power than the typical 12pt that have triangulated notches. I'm still a craftsman/kobalt guy...for the hobby work I do...I they've always done what I needed.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 08-15-2016, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
I've got something like that in the Snap-On version; they can be handy every now and then.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 08-15-2016, 01:59 PM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
Made in the USA???

Our local Westlake Hardwares (ACE distributors) started carrying Craftsman a few years ago.

Didn't they have a pretty bad wrap the last 5-7 years with Chinese made stuff?

Ryan
Old 08-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Rattlecan View Post
Made in the USA???

Our local Westlake Hardwares (ACE distributors) started carrying Craftsman a few years ago.

Didn't they have a pretty bad wrap the last 5-7 years with Chinese made stuff?

Ryan
Yeah...quality did drop off...but I don't think they ever went to 100% Chinese production. Didn't really bug me much, if something broke, use the warranty. It was when they started changing their warranty policies that I started transitioning to Kobalt.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 08-15-2016, 05:07 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Craftsman has been a crap shoot the several years. It seems to be improving. Several years ago, I bought a 3/8 ratchet at Sears that lasted about 3 months before the ratchet mechanism gave out. I returned it to Sears for a replacement and the cashier put the ratchet into a box full of returned ratchet wrenches, and offered me a refurbished one. He said, "You don't want another new one, trust me".......

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!