Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Garage and Tool Zone

Garage and Tool Zone Tool discussion, or anything pertaining to your garage.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:22 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Spray the blue shit on and then try the reverse bit...and...as much as this may or may not need saying....drill needs to be in reverse to make reverse bit work.

Just did this with my neighbor on his old Honda bike..then ran a couple of taps through it starting with a smaller one and going slowly.

YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2016, 10:23 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That made me laugh.
If nothing else, I can at least provide snickering material
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 08-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you, sir. I retract the statement about your steaks......

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 08-06-2016, 10:29 PM

Lorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to behold
can we get a picture of the problem area?

-will untempering the easy out work? heating the bolt and easy out cherry and letting i cool rather slowly so you can drill again
-is drilling it out/ cutting off the weld nut and back nutting an option
-is the bolt broken of flush, sub flush or does it stick out?

i hate borken bolts!!!
this might make you fell better took 13 hours to drill, tap and heli coil and match a new cap to the worn major on this D8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160215_211551.jpg (843.7 KB, 3 views)

"May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law" Immanual Kant

00 Vw jetta 2.0
77 f150 429
83 Buick century 4.3 diesel (lost to young fun)
-and many others

Last edited by Lorddurock; 08-06-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:29 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

Quote:
Thank you, sir. I retract the statement about your steaks......
I wouldn't...I thrive on shit and abuse..that's why I hang out here
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorddurock View Post

-will untempering the easy out work? heating the bolt and easy out cherry and letting i cool rather slowly so you can drill again

i hate borken bolts!!!
this might make you fell better took 13 hours to drill, tap and heli coil and match a new cap to the worn major on this D8
The bolt is flush. I can't get to the nut because it's on the back side of the bracket. It looks like the nut was welded in place, and then the bracket was welded onto the axle housing. And I don't have any way to heat the bolt, other than a propane torch? Wow, I thought I had it bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
I wouldn't...I thrive on shit and abuse..that's why I hang out here

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 08-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorddurock View Post

i hate borken bolts!!!
Might be able to get a picture on Monday or Tuesday.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2016, 10:55 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

If you contemplate using heat Doug...use MAPP...and before anybody says it, yes the original methylacetylene doesn't exist..but the gas in a perverted mix does...and it's hot.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

Is it still called MAPP gas? We used to have that plumbed into the power plant.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2016, 10:59 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

Still called MAPP Doug....just not real MAPP
Quote:
Quote: