Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Garage and Tool Zone

Garage and Tool Zone Tool discussion, or anything pertaining to your garage.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:01 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Rattlecan View Post
Thank you for elaborating on the magic. You've further demonstrated that you are well versed in magic.

Ryan
I just babble and try to baffle you with BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
We have problems with VFD's that run at the low end of the Hz scale(30 Hz) for long periods of time. They tend to trip off a lot.
Odd that they would do that...was it a retrofit or an OEM install?

I will say that I'm not 100% up on them as I don't do a lot with them.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2015, 12:08 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
I just babble and try to baffle you with BS

Odd that they would do that...was it a retrofit or an OEM install?

I will say that I'm not 100% up on them as I don't do a lot with them.
We have both, retrofits and OEM. I wonder if it isn't a cooling issue, since the fan at the end of the motor turns at a very slow speed, thus reducing cooling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:41 AM
Chief Chaotic Engineer

Location: Malfunction Junction, Fidelity MO -or- Mound City, KS
mrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond repute
There are certain situations where the higher-decibel air compressors present a definite advantage... such as when the EX calls... or when you've had about all you can take of any conversation.
-Tom, 98 F150 Lariat 2wd 3door / 84 E350
Old 03-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
O....

M....

G..................and DO I mean, OMG......................

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 03-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Chief Chaotic Engineer

Location: Malfunction Junction, Fidelity MO -or- Mound City, KS
mrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond reputemrfixit has a reputation beyond repute
You are quite welcome, Bill
-Tom, 98 F150 Lariat 2wd 3door / 84 E350
Old 05-02-2015, 08:13 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
I went and looked at this unit last week.....I'm still stewing on it...I have to do something but I'm being a cheap prick as usual.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 05-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Rooster Snorkler

jebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud of
dibs on the old one

2008 f-150 crew cab

2005 f-350 Crew Cab Long Box diesel - for sale. Check out my classified post!
Old 05-02-2015, 10:37 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebadiah04 View Post
dibs on the old one
You might have to fight Frank for it....and if further investigation leads to the fact that something is worn, I will be giving it away.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-26-2015, 09:02 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Still stewing....might just go with the regular non VFD 7.5 hp. That does 27 CFM at 145 psi...and is quiet.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
It loves me, it loves me not...........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!