Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Garage and Tool Zone

Garage and Tool Zone Tool discussion, or anything pertaining to your garage.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:25 PM
They call me Spuds

1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute
Is this the same Duncan we all know? So many finished projects in such little time....

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2015, 10:29 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970Custom View Post
Is this the same Duncan we all know? So many finished projects in such little time....
When it is something quick that can be done without major mayhem...it is quick.

Remember....I wire a 2500 sq ft home in 4 days

Next is the revamping of the engine stand and wheel dollies....then the air lines.

Just had 120' of 3/4 copper line dropped off and a pile of fittings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:49 PM
They call me Spuds

1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, but wiring a house isn't a "Duncan project" as it were...

Old 02-07-2015, 10:51 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yeah, but wiring a house isn't a "Duncan project" as it were...
It is...it is done to my own anal standard....I just have everything and having done this crap for 25 years can anticipate most shitacanes.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 02-14-2015, 07:01 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

More today.....Got 2 kinds of casters....one just pivots and one is called a "total lock"....when you press the lock, it has a brake for the wheel but also locks the pivot.

I opted for half and half as the total lock ones were $25 each.

The engine stand with those crappy iron wheels that bind when you run over a piece of crap on the floor the size of grain of sand

The factory wheels all sat on the floor.....think something was wonky....used the shims that came with the car lift to get it level...actually worked well....about a 1/4''

The factory wheels had a pivot on the front and solid on the rear...the rear wheels were mounted using a piece of steel that stuck out from the bottom of the frame.....I measured things up and found that if I welded the new casters to the bottom, it would level the block out...and it did

Next up was the wheel dollies....I could have bought ones that had urethane wheels, but it was north of $1000 for the set and I just couldn't justify the cost for a one time deal.

Then I cut some 13 ply birch...nice and strong and screwed it to the dollies

Then I put the jackstands that support the frame on them.....after I tried moving the whole thing (which worked very well) I'm going to join them together for added stability tomorrow.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by DNFXDLI; 02-14-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:25 PM
They call me Spuds

What brand are the casters? I like the engine stand idea...

Old 02-14-2015, 07:29 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

Quote:
What brand are the casters? I like the engine stand idea...
I'll look tomorrow. They are 250# rated.

Having all four wheels pivot is nice and the urethane makes moving it effortless....only drawback would be that in a commercial place, the urethane will eventually get cut from crap on the floor if you don't keep it clean.

Having it level is pretty nice as well.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-14-2015, 07:39 PM
They call me Spuds

There's a couple upgrades to my engine stand that I want to do, one is the casters and the other is the addition of bearings for the rotation of the engine itself.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:44 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

That's a good idea with the engine pivot!
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-14-2015, 08:24 PM
They call me Spuds

I'm thinking a trailer hub, inexpensive and simple to put together.