Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Bronco

Bronco Full Size Bronco Discussion

Old 09-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
Ok, so I got the breakdown from the guy:

2 hours labor $70
2 feet wire $2
2 relays $23.24
2 pig tails (don't know what these are) $18.88

Total $114.12
Thank you, Ken. I appreciate that. $35/hr for labor is VERY cheap. Pigtails are what they use to connect into other wiring harnesses. There is a link below to pigtails. I'm getting hungry. This is starting to remind me of bacon.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwCA&dur=327

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 05:52 PM

greystreak92 is a name known to allgreystreak92 is a name known to allgreystreak92 is a name known to allgreystreak92 is a name known to allgreystreak92 is a name known to allgreystreak92 is a name known to all
Any pre-wried connector with bare wire on the other end is a "pigtail".

1992 Bronco XLT (deceased)
1993 Bronco XLT 5.0, E4OD (for now)
1992 F-150 XL 4.9, M5OD (for now)
and a couple of non-Ford toys

Big Bronco FAQ's
Old 09-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 09-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Thank you, Ken. I appreciate that. $35/hr for labor is VERY cheap. Pigtails are what they use to connect into other wiring harnesses. There is a link below to pigtails. I'm getting hungry. This is starting to remind me of bacon.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwCA&dur=327
Haha...you'r funny Doug...thanks. I learned something...not that pigtail talk makes you hungry; I learned about what a pigtail is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystreak92 View Post
Any pre-wried connector with bare wire on the other end is a "pigtail".
Thanks!
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
Thank you, Ken. I appreciate that. $35/hr for labor is VERY cheap.
I thought so too! This guy advertised on Craigslist and the guy is local to me, which means he's in rural Maine, which means he has to be cheap to be able to survive, which means I got a good deal....only problem with backyard mechanics is you have to make sure they really know what they're doing and not trying to figure it out on the fly!

He said he's been installing electrical auto stuff for the last 10 years at a large company in Florida and moved back to Maine with this knowledge, so I took a chance and the darn thing has been working like a charm....door locks, auto start and all! Pretty happy with it!
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 09-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
So, knowing this rigs been pretty much sitting for the last two years, I knew there'd be bugs and gremlins to work out....and am working them out...as long as I get them wrapped up by winter, I'll be happy.

Anyways, I noticed the rig's rpm's would fluctuate at times and even a couple times die out on my when in a parking lot or idling situation. The check engine light would also come on at this time, but would go away when the problem went away.

Anyways, I decided to put this stuff in there and low and behold, the problem isn't completely gone, but the truck has been running 10X's better and had only gone through about a quarter tank with this stuff, allowing it to idle for a while and do a few in town trips with it the last few days.

AND the check engine light hasn't come on the last few days....hasn't died on me....

Is it coincidence or I'm thinking the injectors needed a little cleaning? I don't know...just glad it's running better. I'll feel better when my mechanic checks out my vibration problem tomorrow.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Licensed to Represent!

Ordered my new rear drive shaft from Bronco Graveyard this morning......at least it's going to be done right!
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 09-07-2012, 02:30 PM

m78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond repute
Ken , on the Bronco II, you don't replace universals. You replace the whole drive shaft. I found that out a couple years ago.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m78
Ken , on the Bronco II, you don't replace universals. You replace the whole drive shaft. I found that out a couple years ago.
From dozens of posts from fsb, looks like it's common to rebuild the shafts with new ujoints from wheelin. Ujoints are readily available to buy also, just never the shaft alone.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Licensed to Represent!

Sounds pretty awesome. Wasn't really looking at buying but did want to eventually get some subs, but kept my eye out for a good deal.

One came up in my town, kid wanted $120. I checked online and speakers retail for $120/each. Custom made box, 600 watt amp came with it.

Talked him down to $85.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote: