Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen 2 Lincoln LS

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Seems to be the car that has caught my eye for the moment...

I've done alot of reading on them, just curious if anybody knows anything about them here?

Anything to look for particularly? Or anything i should take into consideration?

Thanks in advance guys.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I have no details, but my aunt says hers is a headache, I think it's a 2002, and I know it's the itty bitty tiny V8.

This is coming from a guy who loves that car... I have wanted one since I started driving in 2003.

Ryan

I talked to a dude a few years ago that had a V6 LS (idr what year) and he said that the engine and chassis was the same as a Jag of that gen; so that s/c and stuff would/ could bolt on..

Just something to look into...

From wiki..

The Lincoln LS is a mid-size, rear wheel drive sedan from Lincoln. For its production run from 1999 until 2006, it was based on the Ford DEW98 platform, which was shared with the Jaguar S-Type and Ford Thunderbird. LS versions were originally to be called LS6 and LS8[1][2]

blacksnapon

Staff member
Not such a great car Vince?
If nothing goes wrong, not too bad. EVERYTHING is hard to work on, right down to if you remove the driveshaft for anything, put the same bolts back in the same holes. Thats how its balanced. To balance it farther, they have nuts that weigh different amounts to screw on the ends of the bolts of the "U joint".

If nothing goes wrong, not too bad. EVERYTHING is hard to work on, right down to if you remove the driveshaft for anything, put the same bolts back in the same holes. Thats how its balanced. To balance it farther, they have nuts that weigh different amounts to screw on the ends of the bolts of the "U joint".

Ouch what a pita... :hammer:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts