Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What have you done to your FORD today v2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It was time...and more filling and grinding of the chassis and components.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hey Doug.....you wouldn't happen to have a picture showing the ring, would you?.....that sounds pretty interesting...I remember you mentioned that in my thread of when I first picked up my bump. You're talking about the lip around the inside edge of the rim, right?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Oh by the way, sold those darn Thornbirds in one day on Craigslist.....got a ton of calls. I listed them for $250 and accepted paypal payment of $200.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Hey Doug.....you wouldn't happen to have a picture showing the ring, would you?.....that sounds pretty interesting...I remember you mentioned that in my thread of when I first picked up my bump. You're talking about the lip around the inside edge of the rim, right?

Ken, below is a link that shows white wheels with a red ring. I know the wheels are not what you want, but it gives you an idea. Besides, it's not my truck and I can suggest anything. smilietease

http://eliterim.com/wheels/xtatik-wolfl-tuner-matte-flat-black-2.html

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ken, I don't know about a bright white shoe on a person with faded clothes. It kinda stands out like a sore thumb.:(

Like the Paul Simon song. "He put on aftershave to compensate for his ordinary shoes."?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, I don't know about a bright white shoe on a person with faded clothes. It kinda stands out like a sore thumb.:(

Well, this is why I was wondering about the glossy white.....

Ken, below is a link that shows white wheels with a red ring. I know the wheels are not what you want, but it gives you an idea. Besides, it's not my truck and I can suggest anything. smilietease

http://eliterim.com/wheels/xtatik-wolfl-tuner-matte-flat-black-2.html

Thanks for the link....hard to tell what it would look like without the wheel on the truck.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Well, this is why I was wondering about the glossy white.....

Thanks for the link....hard to tell what it would look like without the wheel on the truck.

Yes, it is. Like picking out house paint from a paint chip. It never looks the same.

Sven7

Derping
Good news. The broken gas gauge was just a gas-logged float. Ordered a new one.

Got the bike rack screwed together. Gotta add a couple shims to keep it from sliding from side to side in the bed, then sand and paint. It looks great in white against the red bed and white cab.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Good news. The broken gas gauge was just a gas-logged float. Ordered a new one.

Got the bike rack screwed together. Gotta add a couple shims to keep it from sliding from side to side in the bed, then sand and paint. It looks great in white against the red bed and white cab.

So it wasn't a float, it was a sink? :wasntme:

Measured for wheel clearance on the Merc. Going with a 15x10 with a 5" backspace. I'll am going to widen the tubs about 3"

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Measured for wheel clearance on the Merc. Going with a 15x10 with a 5" backspace. I'll am going to widen the tubs about 3"

I assume your truck has a 9'' rear...keeping it stock?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Moved the Bronco back in the driveway from across the street and pulled Red out to get into the attic.

I assume your truck has a 9'' rear...keeping it stock?

You bet... I am going to fill it with 33 spline stange axles, nodular iron center section, 4.11 gear and a limited slip of sorts... Probably one of their truetrac setups. Also going to have a brace welded across the backside of the housing to reinforce it, and a disk brake setup off of Bronco Graveyard.

Sven7

Derping
So it wasn't a float, it was a sink? :wasntme:

smilietease

Got more polishing done yesterday and then helped a friend move into a third story apartment. We had a couple helpers and could not get the couch up around a tight landing/doorway in the middle of the stairway. My friend ended up removing the light fixture (getting zapped in the process) and then they took the entire door off its hinges, and still couldn't get the damn hide a bed up.

Anyway, it was an eventful day. I was sweating my butt off but once on the freeway again that heavenly foot vent cooled me right down! Why don't modern cars have foot vents?

Also got a few looks from the ladies, but it's hard to say hi at 60mph. FML :/

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Making some calls to Redhead Steering today.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Redhead is redoing mine..although no red on it though :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts