Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I figure every relationship takes time and commitment and the relationship with your ride is no different. So let's see what you do to take care of your rig...something as simple as filling her with gas, a wash and wax, engine rebuild or a days worth of restoring. Who knows, it may spark some interest for someone with questions on what you did. I'll start:

Today I finally took care of the rats nest the PO had going on with the stereo system in the Bronco...it only took two years to get around to. I figured after 6 months of no radio was enough. I also threw in a new antenna...wasn't too difficult even though the old cable broke so I couldn't route the new antenna with a string attached to the old.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
didn't do it today but I washed the truck and the mustang yesterday. debating on buying a car cover for the Mustang.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Drove it about 180 miles.

Blade

Backwoods boy
Sat in it for a while to let Rusty know that its loved...... And um let it run before we went fishin

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
start it let it idle for a while.. cant really drive it..

since its going to the bodyshop

Michigan
washed the soot off the roof and tool box, and gave her a coat of wax. Hoping that will make it not stick as easy. I tightened down the exhaust clamps, and changed the oil and filter. Tomorrow i need to clean out the inside, you can tell i drive it every day lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hmmm...went out to grab some things at the Bronco today at lunch...smelled some really strong gas and noticed a small puddle under the front end. Luckily, the inlet side on the fuel filter was loose and spraying gas. Tightened her up and she's good to go. I was wondering why this tank of fuel was only yielding 7.5 mpg's as opposed to it's typical 8.5-9.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Today I just moved it from one side of the street to the other. I have to adjust my parking brake this week so that I can pass inspection and get rid of the rejected sticker on my windshield. Passed emissions with flying colors though so I'm glad for that. I did wash it the other day but now it is covered in pollen.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I drove it to work, did i nice powerslide goin from concrete to dirt.
Drove it to the store for my morning share of mt. dew...

Jammed the F out to some 5fdp.

Had some random ladies at a stop light tell me they like my truck, i swear when i pulled away from the light the truck was running better.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Filled the rear end up the other day and got fuel, drove it around a little bit. still tryin to get it to quit pingin gonna change out the vacuum advance to the one that was on the points distributor and change the fuel filters. If that dont work gonna try some lead addative that seemed to work for the 76.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Timing to advanced?
Thats what i would think would be the pinging, or go to higher octane fuel...

Money says that those are stock heads and they need the lead.

I'm still waiting on a certain Canadian to chime in and tell us he's working on his 434.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Money says that those are stock heads and they need the lead.

I'm still waiting on a certain Canadian to chime in and tell us he's working on his 434.

Uh no this is the 410 in the 72. Ive been runnin premium in it since we rebuilt it. I swapped the vacuum advances out and it looks like the one from the points distrbutor has a longer throw cause when I tried to put the one that came off the truck back in the old distributor the rod was shorter. It only pings on this one hill in one direction for some reason and it slows the truck down from 60 to 45-50 cause I cant give it anymore gas. Well see how it runs up there now I ran it around town and it seemed good.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
None of the stores in town have it and most of the old timers either dont know what im talkin about or aint seen it on shelves in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts