Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lowered Fanatics

While we may be few and far between I was wondering if in the special interest section of the board could there be a "Lowered" section. There is not really a section to discuss or show off the lowered blue ovals we have or to discuss setups. Just a thought.

TAG

The best way to start something is to show it can't be done or that some one doesn't like it. So I'll help you out with;
I don't like lowered trucks.:flipoff:

I would like to see that chopped dent finished though.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Thanks for the suggestion. I think, done properly, a lowered truck can look pretty sweet. Not my cup of tea but I had a friend with a real nice lowered f150cc.

Anyways back to the suggestion. At this point we don't have the interest enough to add a separate forum just for that. I would suggest using the forums we do have avail, for example suspension , custom fab and of course the appropriate generation forum.

I think if you post up some pics that'll generate folks interest in what your doing.

We are always looking at ways to expand and better serve our members so it is definitely something we'll consider when we look at adding new forums.

Thanks for the suggestion

The best way to start something is to show it can't be done or that some one doesn't like it. So I'll help you out with;
I don't like lowered trucks.:flipoff:

I would like to see that chopped dent finished though.

just like the warm welcome I got at ford-trucks haha. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of things but that doesn't mean their shouldn't be a section for it. In fact it actually supports my idea even more. If the majority of the people on this site don't support the lowerered lifestyle then they most likely don't care to read about it. Anyone who doesn't want to read about it would never go to the "lowered" section and all the pain and suffering of seeing a vertically challanged blue oval would be avoided. All generation specific questions such as my grille shell questions, or anything else for that matter could stay where it was, but if I wanted to see everyone's lowered setups, or ask questions about my 4-link then the lowered section would be the place to go.

-TAG

Thanks for the suggestion. I think, done properly, a lowered truck can look pretty sweet. Not my cup of tea but I had a friend with a real nice lowered f150cc.

Anyways back to the suggestion. At this point we don't have the interest enough to add a separate forum just for that. I would suggest using the forums we do have avail, for example suspension , custom fab and of course the appropriate generation forum.

I think if you post up some pics that'll generate folks interest in what your doing.

We are always looking at ways to expand and better serve our members so it is definitely something we'll consider when we look at adding new forums.

Thanks for the suggestion

I've posted a few pictures but if anything would ever spark interest it would have to be this picture.

79a3e91c.jpg

At work can't see it, hope I've posted the right one.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I've posted a few pictures but if anything would ever spark interest it would have to be this picture.

79a3e91c.jpg

At work can't see it, hope I've posted the right one.
Looks like theres been a lot of work performed so far. Modifications come in all shapes and sizes. One thing they have in common however is that it is a personalization of your vehicle. Be proud of what you've done and continue to make it the best truck of its kind.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
lowriders get a bad rap because of the ricer crowd. there is nothing wrong with a lowrider. there are alot of nice looking lowriders out there and then you have the gosh awful ugly ones. i think your truck will look sweet if you notch and bag it. with the arch on the rear it should lay frame nicely.

lowriders get a bad rap because of the ricer crowd. there is nothing wrong with a lowrider. there are alot of nice looking lowriders out there and then you have the gosh awful ugly ones. i think your truck will look sweet if you notch and bag it. with the arch on the rear it should lay frame nicely.

She'll sit much like she is in the picture, she won't be slammed by any means. Like said before everyone has a different style. I'll definitely build to my style there is no question about that. Maybe I'll turn some people to the lowered style as my build goes on.

I agree if the truck lowered and still look great and some have a great stance and appearance!!!

IMG_1747.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I always liked trucks that reached for the sky,but like everyone else,if it's done right,then a lowered truck can look nice.

It's your truck man,the only opinion that matters is what you think of it.I've heard from a couple people that don't like how I put 92-96 Rims on my truck,but I love it,and frankly,I don't care what anyone else thinks.lol.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Moved the thread out of the suggestions/site support forum and into general automotive as the thread seems to be progressing that way.

Thanks again for the suggestion. We'll keep it in mind.

thats a clean truck, im all for lowering im looking to lower my f150 man its a 1990 if you could help me out with a question i have what kind of lowering kit do you have on your truck and where can i find it.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i dont like it slammed just dropped

IMGP0099-1.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts