Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Build Sheets

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well I just called the Ford Customer Relationship Center to get the build sheets for Red and the Bronco. It took 7 minutes and 37 seconds to do this, dunno why I put it off so long. They told me they will send the info to the research department and I'll be contacted again within 2 business days for confirmation of address and VIN...then it should take a month or less to arrive. Now it's not going to be the original window sticker, but it's in letter format that lists standard and optional equipment. I got talking to the lady and she said they have everything back to '67 and prior to that is hit or miss. For anyone interested, it's free and the number is 1-800-392-3673...and just ask for a build sheet with original specifications and optional equipment.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Chris...I think it's pretty cool, especially since it's free. I do have the original build sheet for Red...so this'll just be a little more scrap book fodder. However, the Bronco...the warranty plate was painted over when the OP had it repainted...so it'll be nice knowing what the Bronco actually came with.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Hater...smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Heh heh..you're jealous you didn't know that was an option!

Everytime I tried the email route, I kept sending it the Canadian route...dunno how/why that happened.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I did the email route too. There is an original build sheet in the springs of my seat but i don't feel like taking the seat apart to get it out.

Damn...didn't know some of you guys already did this. And Red's build sheet was in her seat too, and as soon as I swapped benches, I pulled that bad boy out.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've got to pull my mat and clean up some surface rust on my floor,(eventually). But I might try to get it then.

What I wanna know is what dictated the spots at which these things are at, I've heard some being under the carpet, some in the glove box, some in the seats, etc...So what gives?

What I wanna know is what dictated the spots at which these things are at, I've heard some being under the carpet, some in the glove box, some in the seats, etc...So what gives?

I've always wondered that too. I was told the people on the line used them to know what parts went on what truck, but how could they reed it if its in the seat or roof panel ?

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
RQ (retard Question)
What's a build sheet?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
RQ (retard Question)
What's a build sheet?

It basically tells you what your ride came with...like a window sticker nowadays. Tells what gears, tranny, optional equipment, standard equipment, etc.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
So, it would be a useful piece of paper to have and I should get one for my truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So, it would be a useful piece of paper to have and I should get one for my truck.

Only if you actually care...but if you can decode your VIN and Warranty Plate, it's basically about 80-85% of the information.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Well I just called the Ford Customer Relationship Center to get the build sheets for Red and the Bronco. It took 7 minutes and 37 seconds to do this, dunno why I put it off so long. They told me they will send the info to the research department....
Research Department? :rofl: What Research Department? Ford has none of this information any longer!

In 1988, Ford was going to throw ALL this info into the trash. A Mustang nut in Phoenix AZ found out, got it all.

Since martiauto.com has all of this jazz, Ford has to get it from him.

From Marti, you can order an exact copy of your original build sheet, an exact duplicate of your vehicles original window sticker and a bunch of other info. This is known as the Marti Report.

There is a charge for these services, which varies...it all depends on what you want.

Look under the passenger side of the seat in between the springs for the original build sheet, which was crammed in there at final assembly.

Under the carpet? Time is money, to stick it there, the scuff plate would have had to be removed to be able to lift the carpet up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIN and WARRANTY PLATE decoding: I can do all of this using the apropos Ford parts catalogs, it takes only a few minutes...and there ain't no charge.

On t'other site, I've decoded well over 700 VIN's and Warranty Plates, and can do this for cars and trucks from 1948 thru 2002.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Bill...I was just repeating what the lady on the phone told me...as for a marti report, I'd like to get a couple of them...but at last check the Elite report was $220 (the one where the window sticker is included)...a little too much for me to handle. Although you can get a standard report for $17.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
gonna start working on my 350 and my girlfriends 150 as soon as I get to NC. These are gonna come in handy. Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably end up getting both, and or all the reports I can.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts