Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

TS chips

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Anybody know anything about TS 6 position chips? My truck came with one it in, seems to work pretty well. It has stock, high idle, 40hp, 80hp, 100hp, 140hp+ settings i believe. Can definitly tell the difference between stock and 40, and lays alot more smoke out between 40 and 140, but doesnt seem to effect power THAT much more.

Anything I should watch for, or do with this chip?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Your heads blowing off, melting down the turbo, or cooking the valves.

Other than that...no

Need a pyrometer. Drive smart! Drive S-mart!

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Guages are in the works, just not in the budget right now..

I usually run stock or 40hp..and of course high idle to warm it up in the mornings any issues there? I already feel like I run the piss out of it, I run 80 miles + a day all highway, and turn 2500rpm at 65 mph.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
High idle should be fine.

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

Do you have stock intake and exhaust still? The added fuel may not be getting enough air and to much backpressure to take advantage of the upper level settings. Heavy black smoke is unburnt fuel so though you may see more smoke it's of little value. Big clouds of black smoke is cool among Cummins guys but it's just that.... smoke.

As was said you really should have a pyrometer & boost monitoring. You can do a lot of damage overfueling.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Had guages in sight.. but have dumped almost 2k into the truck just to keep it on the road.. just been running stock setting for now. ( when it is running)

I have this chip in my truck. Works well. I havent had any issues. My settings though are
1: stock
2: high idle
3: HWY MPG
4: Tow
5: Hot Tune
6: Extreme Hot tune.
The paper work with mine stated only to tow in stock or tow position. I dunno why. HWY MPG i see an icrease in power and SMOKE...... I also have several other mods on my truck and they work well together

Ford Truck Articles