Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

muffler questions

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
So I've been planning some exhaust "tweeks" for the Vic, the factory h-pipe is going to go away for one. That leads me to my inquiry, I'm debating on either ditching the factory mufflers and replacing them with MagnaFlow, Pypes, or possibly Borla and an aftermarket x-pipe; OR, instead of the x-pipe and mufflers go with something that's dual in/out muffler to work like the Mac Pro Chamber but as a muffler as well...

Will my latter idea work or will I see adverse effects?

Thanks.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'd go with an x pipe and anything along the lines of the pypes or magnaflows.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
My truck was set up with one pipe (like practically all trucks), and I can't imagine that set up causing problems on your car. Do a classic 1-in 2-out muffler and call it a day.

Ryan

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
My truck was set up with one pipe (like practically all trucks), and I can't imagine that set up causing problems on your car. Do a classic 1-in 2-out muffler and call it a day.

Ryan

I'm already set up with factory dual exhaust, just wanting a tad more aggressive sound. Eventually i'd like to run the Stainless Works system but it's close to three grand for their complete system...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts