Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

BEST wheel cleaner for caked on Brake dust..

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I've found it!!! instead of scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing with typical soap and water..

Scrubbing Bubbles..

my front wheels on my truck were in pretty bad shape and i legit thought i'd have to get new ones cause they were so bad...

but sprayed them in scrubbing bubbles today... and sprayed them off at the quarter wash with the high pressure wand... BAMM!!! pretty clean...

bad thing is i REALLY need new center caps..

IMG_20120501_153244.jpg

IMG_20120501_153254.jpg

before.. and this was after washing and scrubbing with soap and water...

045-1.jpg

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
A good polishing will help keep brake dust off and make it easier to clean.

David1357

'94 F150 5.0

bad thing is i REALLY need new center caps...QUOTE]

Nice tip... btw, center hubs at LMC truck are $69.95 for a set of chromed molded plastic at LMC Truck. I was able to get 3 sets of 4 originals for $2.15 each ($8.60 a set) at the you-pull yard!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What's it do to the finish??? I used grease lightning for a little while until it dulled the finish on the rims and I had to strip and re-polish.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I use Meguiar's Hot Wheels cleaner on my rides - cuts right through. THEN ************** I use a wheel wax or polish. It really helps keep the dust off.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I use wadding polish on mine, takes the gunk off and they look great...

I have a set of those center caps still, I think anyway. I'll look when I get home.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts