Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help with a part number?

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Two of them, but no side mount. Sorry! Dude.

When I was looking for e-fan stuff I picked up a few extras.

Something I noticed yesterday while looking at different trucks

My truck had an option for a 130a alt. and 5.8Ls didn't.

Maybe I'm wrong but 4.9L showed 95 & 130 amps, and 5.8L only showed 95 amp.

This website is not the word of god, so?

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah from what I've seen, the 130amp was not an option for my truck. Not positive on that though.

I'm so ready to just buy a 160amp from RJMInjection.com :headbang: $140 shipped.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Got my brother's old 130amp alternator and took it apart with intent to replace the bearings that were clearly jacked up. After removing the rotor+fan assembly I found that the rear of the shaft had been honed down to nothing, from all the vibration due to the back bearing. With a smaller shaft the rear bearing obviously doesn't serve any purpose.

So I'll be headed back to the junkyard tomorrow to find a swivel mount 130amp alternator from a Taurus, then I'll swap the guts into this side mount case and possibly throw some new bearings in her :)

Stay tuned.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
SUCCESS!! Andy and I cruised down to the pick-n-pull. Pulled 3 alternators that looked good and chose the best of the three. The one I picked had VERY little wear on the rear shaft where the VR brushes touch it, awesome. Then I swapped a Motorcraft voltage regulator from another alternator that looked brand freakin new. The brushes barely have wear at all. The alternator looked brand new too but it had an autolite sticker on it :headbang:

So the case is the wrong type but that's not a problem-- I'm swapping the guts of this alternator into the case that I got from my brother's truck.

Nearly new alternator + nearly new regulator = $25 :nana:

The Motorcraft VR alone sells for $95 at the dealer :nana:

Please note:Stamped or casting numbers are NOT part numbers.

Had I seen this sooner I would have replied....sorry
D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts