Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4.6 exhaust

best muffler for a 4.6?

• cherry bomb glasspack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • flowmaster 40 series

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • other (comment with suggestion)

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
okay ladies and gents, iv just made arrangements to purchase a new 1998 ford f150 4x4 reg cab with the 4.6 and im thinking now about exhaust, im sure alot of people a gree with me when i say i cant stand driving a quiet truck. im now faced qith a decission, wich route should i take for a muffler? the classic glass pack? or a good ol low grumblin' flowmaster 40 ? or maybe even something else you think would be better (no straight pipe, iv got to pass state inspection annually haha)...i know the two mufflers iv picked have two COMPLETELY different sounds and i love them both .let me know how yall feel

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
For more modern trucks, I say stay away from the glasspack, and I'm truly not a blowmaster fan. I'd direct you to the Cherrybomb line of mufflers, Hookers Aerochamber or something from Magnaflow.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
yeah i was just checking out youtube vidos for the 4.6 looking at exhaust clips and i heard one with dual magnaflow n it sounded perty sweet

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I had the 44 on my Jeep... 5.2L? Sounded pretty good.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I had the 44 on my Jeep... 5.2L? Sounded pretty good.

If you don't even know what engine you had, your right to vote is revoked.

the Flowmasters flow horrible, gettin rid of mine

Not to mention every kid in the high school parking lot has them. On top of that, quality has seriously decreased over the last 10 years, yet price has increased.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would definitely suggest magnaflow. If you happen to be against magnaflow for some reason I would check out the cherrybomb line, but not the glasspack. Flowmaster is a waste of money IMO. I know some people like them and everyone should do what they want to their truck, but so many people have them that it's nicer to hear trucks with different sounds other then flowmasters.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I would definitely suggest magnaflow. If you happen to be against magnaflow for some reason I would check out the cherrybomb line, but not the glasspack. Flowmaster is a waste of money IMO. I know some people like them and everyone should do what they want to their truck, but so many people have them that it's nicer to hear trucks with different sounds other then flowmasters.

Cherry Bomb Vortex!!!!

thats my next muffler.... Fawk Dronemasters!!!!!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Cherry Bomb Vortex!!!!

thats my next muffler.... Fawk Dronemasters!!!!!

I like the Vortex mufflers. Had one sitting in my basement for a few years. I recently gave it to my neighbor and it is on his 2.3L Ranger.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
My neighbor's Ranger sounds good. Obviously it'll never sound like a V8, but way better then I thought it would.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So far...it's been my experience that it's pretty easy to convert someone to a Cherry Bomb lover. I love everything in their line up.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
So far...it's been my experience that it's pretty easy to convert someone to a Cherry Bomb lover. I love everything in their line up.

ive always been a Cherry Bomb Lover, especially when i had my old 82 F100 with a stout *** 302 true duals with Cherry Bomb Glasspacks... yumm..... i love that cherry bomb snap crackle pop!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Does anyone know if my warranty will be affected by putting a magnaflow muffler on my new truck?

I can't remember the exact details, but I seem to remember some SD guys refraining from modifying their exhausts because doing so would void some part of the warranty.

I can't remember the exact details, but I seem to remember some SD guys refraining from modifying their exhausts because doing so would void some part of the warranty.

Awww poop :guns:
New truck's too quiet. I sometimes look down at the tach to see if the damn thing's still running at a red light :(

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts