Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Emblem question

My new project 64 F250 has the "Ford 250" emblems on the hood sides, which I believe is correct, but the drivers side has these two holes that appear to be from another emblem on the fender.
Anyone know what might have been here?

Attachments

• image.jpg

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Left fender is from a 1965/66 F100/250, as these have emblems with two pins.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
engine badge maybe?? some of the older ford trucks ive seen had a badge for the CID of the engine..

I agree with BKW. the 65 and 66 had emblems about 3/4 up and close to the door. I've had 5 1965/66 F100s and that's the correct placement for it. the fenders were the same from 61-66 with only badge differences I believe. there are a few interchangeable parts but when Ford introduced the twin I-beam in 65 the bodystyle went trough a major revamp.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Back in the day, some dealers had their badges on pins just like the emblems, and installed them under them. Later they became stick on, then decals.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
engine badge maybe?? some of the older ford trucks ive seen had a badge for the CID of the engine..
The only Ford trucks that had fender emblems with the engine size on them were 1968/69 F100/350's with 390's.

C6AZ-16228-E Right & C6AZ-16229-B Left .. 390 Front Fender Emblems / Reproduced

Applications: 1966/67 Galaxie/LTD & 1968/69 F100/350.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
didnt know what years.. was mainly a guess cuz it was about the same spot i had seen them in. and usually those reproduction panels will cover a wide rage of years

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Is it possible that those two holes in that fender would be for a radio antenna, or for a marker light of some kind? That's what my thoughts for those holes would have been for that someone might have used them to mount an accessory.smilieFordlogosmilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Factory installed radio antenna located on right cowl panel. There were no factory installed marker lamps until 1968.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts