Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new ride....1970

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
1970 Ford F250, 360 - V8 - 4wd, made in Manwah, NJ plant.

IMG00044-20110405-1756.jpg

IMG00047-20110405-1758.jpg

Next to the girl!
trucks_side_by_side.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice Ken!..looks to be in decent condtion!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
KEN! I'm going to have to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good looking rig Ken, glad you added another blue oval to the stable.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Nice Ken!..looks to be in decent condtion!

It's only got 52k original miles on it. NO rust underneath....when I get a second, I'll take some engine bay pics and underneath....the thing is a tank.

It was a local fire department rig and had been from 1970 when they had this thing custom built to 2008 when it was sold to the fire chief.

KEN! I'mma have to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anytime bro!

Good looking rig Ken, glad you added another blue oval to the stable.

Thanks Ben....I'm super psyked about it......I can drive my show baby all summer and during good weather and drive the other one every other time! Love it....would like some of your guys suggestions on doing some minor tinkering. I'm putting the original rims back on it and maybe some street tires for better winter driving. The rims had been sand blasted and primed and ready for paint after tax season....what color? Red, Black?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Nice pick. I'd go with white on the rims (I'm a sucker for white steelies on vintage trucks!)

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Nice truck!!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Awesome truck. You'd have to pay a good deal of money for a beauty like that around here as well!

Stay away from black wheels, jmo. I'd go with white.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I say a no go on the black rims as well...either find some white wagon wheels or go with some chrome throw away cheapies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Awesome truck. You'd have to pay a good deal of money for a beauty like that around here as well!

Stay away from black wheels, jmo. I'd go with white.

Ryan

I think white is going to be the consensus.....I'm liking it. What do you say Duncan?

Thats looks like a sweet deal Ken, Do you mind saying what it cost you ?

Congrats on the soon to be new baby. Are we going to have pool and bet on time and date ?

No I don't mind....I wish I would have gotten you fellas involved in the selling process. The fire chief bought it from the town for $2k because he was the fire chief! And he had a buyer on the line that same day for $6k who gave it to his son as a gift and the boy couldn't afford to feed this 360, which also has a gvw of almost 8k pounds.....they custom built this baby with a 1 ton suspension and added those dual shocks I've seen on here. They had a huge water tank in the back that had over 2k lbs of water in it so they built it to be heavy duty. It also has a gear to gear divorce transfer case (am I saying it right?) and is a 4 speed (granny 1st).

The kid traded it for 2 dumb vehicles to save on gas, a 4 banger Nissan pick up and an economical throw away car to a local dealer/auto mechanic who is a friend of mine and he immediately called me knowing I love these old Fords as I drive around in my 77. He asked for $5500 and I told him politely where to go. He then emailed me a few weeks later and said, "Ken, for you, $4800" and I told him to go to that place again. He then emailed me back a few weeks later and said, "Ken, for you, and for you only, $3500!" and this time, he got my attention and I paused before I told him to go to that place again. The next few weeks went by and I sent him the email this time and said I'd give him $2500 cash for it. He immediately emailed me back and said, "Ken, for you, and for you only, really, $3000 is as low as I can go." I drove there that next day with that amount of cash and brought it to his new home!!!! smilieFordlogo

Love this rig!!!! Falling in love with it more and more. Drove it around town the last few days and love it!

Man, is that body straight or what. I'll get more close ups soon!

IMG00046-20110405-1757.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I say the black looks great with the red.....but you know what youngsters are like with the "blingtastic" looks that they go for....smilietease :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I say the black looks great with the red.....but you know what youngsters are like with the "blingtastic" looks that they go for....smilietease :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

Absolutely....Hey can you fellas show me how to start a poll on here? Am I allowed to do that?

Good things come to those who , have patients and can tell'em where to go..:rofl: :rofl:

Yup...agreed!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I say a no go on the black rims as well...either find some white wagon wheels or go with some chrome throw away cheapies.

Ben, I got the stock rims for it and they've been sandblasted and primed. Knowing the stock look, would painting them white work as with everyone else's (except Duncan :) ) opinion on here, I think that's where I'm going. Can't wait till after tax season to play with it more!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thats looks like a sweet deal Ken, Do you mind saying what it cost you ?

Congrats on the soon to be new baby. Are we going to have pool and bet on time and date ?

I'm trying to figure out how to do a poll so we can have a pool going.....Her calculated due date is 4-17-11. I'm hoping for a 4-15-11 delivery....how could would that be to have a tax baby born to an accountant!

Ford Truck Articles