Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The 400 reigns supreme...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
...for three years in a row. Eat that 460 guys. Sure sure...go ahead and say Kaase built the engine and it's not built to run that long. Fine, but go ahead and argue your point with Jonny boy...because apparently he thought the 400 had more potential and bang for the buck...and has dominated the last 3 years.

http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/overstock-sale.html

I'd like to get a cop of that issue, anyone know who might have one?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Fawkin Right B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for some fools to realize the vast untapped potential of the glorious 400.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Time for some fools to realize the vast untapped potential of the glorious 400.

Guys, its really no big seceret, they have been commanding a really high price in Canada for years...................................................

Lotsa guys loose anchors fishing up there, lodge owners are always looking replacements. smilietease :wavey:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Guys, its really no big seceret, they have been commanding a really high price in Canada for years...................................................

Lotsa guys loose anchors fishing up there, lodge owners are always looking replacements. smilietease :wavey:

Ouch................

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

I'd give you credit for that one but since it took you over 8 months to come up with it........I won't.:hammer: :wavey:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Agreed...C'mon Lester, you're better than that...I can only say that I'm disappointed.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I'd give you credit for that one but since it took you over 8 months to come up with it........I won't.:hammer: :wavey:

I have a diesel that makes more power with an electrical addon device than any modded/built 351M/400 on this board, why would I constantly scour this section other than to bust your guys chops on occasion?

Oh and PIG is not here to defend you guys anymore either. smilietease

For the record, IH Scout's are cool no matter what motor was swapped in the lame IH's place, so he is the only one that got a pass from me. :)

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
^^^Agreed...C'mon Lester, you're better than that...I can only say that I'm disappointed.

Me keeping my 6.4 bone stock should be the only thing dissapointing you Ben. I promise you my 6.0 would have not dissapointed you in the least, and all it had on it was a SCT xcal2 with a cat delete, it was a really really good file though, not near as good as Todds, but good none the less. smilietease

BTW, just to throw a little gas on the fire, who was it that hauled off one of these highly soughtafter gems recently to the scrap yard?

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
BTW, just to throw a little gas on the fire, who was it that hauled off one of these highly soughtafter gems recently to the scrap yard?
:wasntme:

Ouch...that stung a little. In my defense...it was a fielded engine for quite some time before I got it, missing the intake and a valve cover...then I kept it on my open trailer for about a year. I got it for free to salvage the oil pan, balancer, WP pulley and the VC, I got $43 for what was left at the yard.

Also, to maintain the banter, gasser vs. diesel???? That's your comparison? You'd need a Kaase 557 to even think about competing with some of these diesels with add-on (that are still streetable)...much less a smogged up motor with 40 year old technology behind it.

On top of that, I don't think many of us refer to the 351M/400 as gem, rather a misunderstood step-child. Under 350hp, it just as capable and cost effective to build a 400 as a motor with the same restrictions. If comparing to a 71 460, of course not, but a 79 460...now you have yourself battle.

smilietease smilietease smilietease smilietease

Last edited:

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Diesels are fine and dandy but some of us like our trucks not to sound like a 55 yr old tractor and actually need to drive in the winter time. :)

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Sure Ben ill give Kaase credit for this build...Great article to show 400 potentials.Affording one now..lets see....a 5yr loan for an engine..hehe

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Ehhh...you don't really have to worry about the loan. Until you start talking about more than 350hp/450tq...the 400 is as cheap and easy to build as the 460...and typically offers a better rpm range. Much more than 350hp in a 460, and you're gonna have to start looking at strokers...and then again, you'll need that loan.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Talk about the shortest longest running thread

The 400 is still 60 cubes short of a real engine..

That's all I've got for jabs seeing that the gf's 79 FSB has a 351M...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just stroke the 400...nice an close to a 460 and much lighter :D

Ford Truck Articles