Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The 400 reigns supreme...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
probably...but it will be as close to anally perfect as I can get it :D

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Are you gonna grind down all the imperfections on the block? I know there are plenty of them, especially that passage hole at the front of the lifter valley.

That is the plan...I will take it as far as I did the transfer case.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
No later with the 426...mid sixties.
Oh, ok I thought you guys were talking about the real Chrylser Hemi's from the 50's.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
They did, but Chrysler was first to the bat when it came to a Hemispherical Combustion Chamber design intended solely for performance use.

Ford did have their Hemispherical Flatheads, but we all know those were hardly a performance engine, much like the 351M/400.

Well I digress, the Sport Fury III 4 door was hardly what I would call "intended solely for performance use". It did however come from the factory with a cast iron 2 4bbl manifold.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Other things wilt WELL before 100

Which isn't very close in all reality...

smilietease

Oh, ok I thought you guys were talking about the real Chrylser Hemi's from the 50's.

The 426 was based on the late 50's 392 was it not?...in any case I really don't give a rats behind as it ain't a Ford.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
smilietease

The 426 was based on the late 50's 392 was it not?...in any case I really don't give a rats behind as it ain't a Ford.

It was loosely based off the 392, to compete in nascar. Ford and GM had their hands full in the 50's with the advent of the 392 hemi.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
smilietease

That was back when while all cars weren't created equal but they were way better than what we have now for the most part... I don't confuse old classic iron like I do with today's cookie cutter cars...
There's a reason behind that. Do you think a 318 could handle that boat?

Not really but Chrysler did it anyway...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts