Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No Boost-need help

This morning I had a problem with the truck has I was getting on the parkway for home I press on the pedal and noting no power and then lots of power,
I as I got to the top of the hill it seam to got better but started to over heat. So I slow down and all seam to go back to normal. I look up at my boost gauge and zero no boost. I get home add some coolant and run it in the high idle mode still no boost reading. I check for codes , None.
So it in the driveway what now.

blacksnapon

Staff member
without having dtcs or access to data, such as ebp, map,egr, mgp, its just guessing from here. possible vgt solenoid or unison ring worn.

I little more info. Was in panic mode. As i was pressing the throttle my Boost when high 30+ and ECT when to 234 and EOT to 215.
So thinking that the turbo when bad and over boost, possible lifting the head causing the lost coolant. My Mechanic will be back on Morning, going to be a long weekend.

The Truck is going to the shop on Monday. Dave will look it over and let me know.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
it it wasnt for the overheating issue i would have recomended pulling the freeze plug on the side of the turbo and actuating the vanes manually.. thats how i found out mine were sticking... but yours sounds more like the computers reading an issue and specifically telling the turbo not to work...

Blue Goose There is 185 k on her.
Sparky83 It's over my head what happen. watch it be something simple like a bad EBP. I just work on the thermostat and had to move it.
let know what happens.

Ok Got the word need new head gaskets. all cause by a bad EBP censer.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
boo EBPS...

Got the truck back today. 73 mile test ride ran great. Dave is the Man.
Daves Garage LLC Canterbury CT. New head gasket, EBP sensor, 2 New Exhaust Manifold w gasket, New water pump, Oil cooler 2 New injector for cyl 1 & 7, Upgrade to Studs, Dipstick tube, Glow Plug Harness and New Transmission cooler line. New OIL pan, and a few misc item nuts and bolts. because there was Rust everywhere. Thanks Dave.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles