Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Power door lock Problem on Chateau ClubWagon

Hi Folks....Just signed up to this forum. I've purchased my first FORD. A high mileage 1998 E350 Chateau ClubWagon, Triton V10 and I'm getting it all fixed up. So far new front brakes (Power Slot rotors, Hawk LTS pads), new windshield, new Monroe gas shocks all round, front end all checked out and aligned. Cabin all cleaned up and exhaust manifold crossover pipe replaced (symptom...fumes in cabin) The last outstanding issue is the power door lock problems. I'm not great on electrical so I thought I'd get a few pointers from folks who have "been there, done that".

The symptoms: FOB will not open driver door but actuates all other doors. The interior lock switches on the door handles usually do nothing but the driver switch will ocassionally lock all the locks but never unlock. If the vehicle is locked in the evening the door locks will randomly unlock by morning. Ocassionally the driver door will remain locked but all others will be open. The last observation was that the actuators would chatter from time to time while driving and ocassionally all the locks would open. I was doing a search for these problems and I've read quite a bit but thought I would get an opinion or two before proceeding with repair and/or parts. I wasn't thinking GEM because everything else the module does is working well. Other considerations: new lock switches in door handles, broken wiring in the bellows (pillar to door) also TSB regarding water leak damage to rear door lock assembly. There is no water getting in the front window near the GEM. When the windshield was replaced the mounting lip was pristine and no signs of rust or water entry. I'll have to check the rear door more closely but I was wondering if one lock is out does it affect all the others? If the driver door switch is faulty will this create some of these symptoms?

Any ideas or opinions are very welcome. Thank you!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts