Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Power doorlocks inop

blacksnapon

Staff member
OK, check power at each wire to the actuator. Each has power moving the switch from lock to unlock. Using jumper wires from a battery direct (+ and -), actuator works. Whats the likely problem? (listen to information told, and untold)

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Is the window jammed somehow?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
if switch has power it has to be a ground if switch is functioning properly.

Nope, For a circuit to work properly there has to be power, AND GROUND! The ground wire was open.

Smokey had it. That's what I was thinking, but you didn't comment on Smokeys, so it made me question myself again.

electric door locks

Having some problems, purchased used auctator and bone yard says it works, I cannot get it to work or the old one before I install it. I have power to both wires to auctator when rolling the rocking switch. Other door doesnt work either. How do you check to see if auctuator is working before install? Thanks

blacksnapon

Staff member
Having some problems, purchased used auctator and bone yard says it works, I cannot get it to work or the old one before I install it. I have power to both wires to auctator when rolling the rocking switch. Other door doesnt work either. How do you check to see if auctuator is working before install? Thanks
Apply power and ground with jumper wires. actuator should work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts