Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.1

Superduty Gen.1 1999-2007 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 01-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Im playing mechanic...

yup pretending to be Blacksnapon today... course im sure he would have had an easier time of this...

something fell outta my truck..

guess them bolts were important...

lol jk was pulling it purposely.. had to change the ujoints... little did i know the fight that was about to ensue...

first time ive ever had to use a cutting disk to get ujoints out...

ever wonder what the inside of your slipjoint looks like...

ya know... when a 20 ton press struggles to remove ujoints.. it kinda says something about how much of a pita it can be...

1 more to go...

6 hrs after starting.. i finally got all 3 out... essh

little primer to make it look pretty...

itll be a different color tomorrow if it doesnt rain...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
Those double cardan joints can make you speak in tongues.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:20 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksnapon View Post
Those double cardan joints can make you speak in tongues.
sure did... was ticking me off... ntm didnt know there was a pivotal ball joint n the middle of it either... good thing i didnt destroy that in the process... dropped a couple of the needles out of it.. but got them back in where they belonged and packed it with a bunch of new grease to keep them from falling off..

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 01-17-2015, 07:25 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Fun times huh?...paint looks good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
Last one I did there was no press, BFH all the way.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:32 PM
The Token Canadian
Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
You need one of these Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Fun times huh?...paint looks good!
itll be a different color tomorrow i hate the look of rust..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksnapon View Post
Last one I did there was no press, BFH all the way.
5 lb sledge was in the garage but was leery of using it... before i started using the cutting tool to notch the caps i was ready to give us and page you lol... but found a notch in the caps.. a big pry bar... and my little hammer to wack the pry bar with seemed to work good.. but they were still stiff in there...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 01-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
You need one of these Shawn

that would have been nice for sure... biggest one i could find around here was 80 ton... but couldnt afford it... that 20 ton has come in handy a few times.. but i hate the notch spacings on it... thinking i need to take a drill to the side posts and make some more notches...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 01-17-2015, 07:36 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad your 3 hrs away, you coulda brought it up here and used my shop.....
Nice job....
Old 01-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
Too bad your 3 hrs away, you coulda brought it up here and used my shop.....
Nice job....

3 hrs??? thought you were further... and mighta taken you up on the offer... once i get it painted color i still gotta get the new ones in.. hopefully therye not as much of a problem to get them in...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus