Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.1

Superduty Gen.1 1999-2007 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 03-25-2013, 02:08 PM

adrose211 is on a distinguished road
Considering an '05 XLT?

Hi all, I'm new and thought I'd go straight to the pros to get answers. I am considering buying an '05 Crew Cab XLT 6.0 4x4. The one in particular that I went and looked at seems to be in good shape, I haven't done a VIN report or anything yet, but I was hoping to get some advice - is there anything in particular I should be looking at/for? This truck has 160k mi, aftermarket exhuast and programmer, and decent interior. Also, oversized tires and an engine block heater? Asking price is $13,500.

Does anyone know of a site where I can find the exact specs and option packages for this year?

Thanks to all in advance!

Tony
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I would wonder what kind of a life it has had given oversize tires and a programmer...not that it is always a bad thing, just would make me wonder.
At that kind of mileage I would be curious about the EGR, injectors and possibly the head gaskets.
Having said that, I have an 05 6.0 and have been very happy with it...recently did the EGR delete, bedplate gasket and since they had the engine out, new headgaskets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
At that kind of mileage I would be curious about the EGR, injectors and possibly the head gaskets.
Having said that, I have an 05 6.0 and have been very happy with it...recently did the EGR delete, bedplate gasket and since they had the engine out, new headgaskets.
Thanks for the reply - I didn't mention it, but this one has the EGR delete as well - can't speak for the head gaskets, though... no visible leaks underneath, however.

Also, is a block heater standard? This has the extension cord out front, and being as I know next to nothing about diesels or Ford models, I'm curious.

Thanks again!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:16 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Block heaters are a way of life here...especially with a diesel, I think they are a standard item above a certain latitude.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 03-25-2013, 09:20 PM

Blue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond repute
All 6.0's came with block heaters. But, believe it or not, the cord was the option....I kid you not!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
All 6.0's came with block heaters. But, believe it or not, the cord was the option....I kid you not!
That's simply amazing. I'm sure it was listed as something outlandish on the spec sheet, too - with an equally outlandish price.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:17 AM

Also, I think I may have been wrong in saying it was an XLT - does FX4 mean anything different? I assume its the 4x4...
Old 03-26-2013, 12:43 PM

Blue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond repute
FX4 was the 'Off Road' package that amounted to different shocks and skid plates. There might have been few more items included.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM

I had to go take a look at mine and it looks like the the cost of a block heater was minimal....mainly because the expensive part was already there...

Old 03-26-2013, 07:21 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

I should go fine mine for comparison...not a Harley, but I'd be curious...I think it listed at 62ish.
Quote:
Quote: