Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Impressed by my own truck?

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Was looking at your other videos, I love your truck more everytime I look at it. I need to plop a flareside body on my bronco frame :rofl:

Hey thanks Paul!! smilieFordlogo

Sounds good. What is it?

I'll give you three guesses, and the first two aren't it. :headbang:

You have to hit the red youtube button when you go to advanced posts...then between the brackets, put everything behind the '=' sign. BTW, what kinda numbers is the el pushing?

Thanks Ben. I thought I did that. I'll try it again later until I can get it right.

In the couple years we finally finished the drive train, we have no been able to open the Elky up yet. I will say this, though; when you really give it the juice, all time outside of the El Camino goes into fast forward. You ever see Star Treck or Star Wars where the space ships go into hyper space? Yeah, something like that.

Shame the rest of it is a real POS lemon. LOL

smilieFordlogo DOIT!

EDIT: that el camino would look super sexy with a SCJ engine dropped in it!

SCJ? What is that? Super Charged Jackstand? Jackrabbit? Jukebox?

Btw, no specs on the cam and stuff. I was just playing with you all. It's just an out-of-the box 350 HO crate engine. 330 to 350 horse, same numbers in torque. Powertrax locker with 4.11 gear.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Super Cobra Jet is what hes talkin about. Good lookin car though my granpa had a 69 with a factory 402 and it was a screamer from all the stories ive heard from dad racin around in it and lightin the tires up no problem.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
You think that's a good looking car, Dan?

You feelin' okay buddy? Maybe we should just lay you down..

haha thanks man. I appreciate the compliment. I've never heard of a 402. You know what motor all the older guys are always bragging about is the 327. I'd like to drive one just to see what all the hype is about.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
402 is a 396 BBC with a factory .030 over bore. Ive always liked El Caminos my dad had one too with a 350 but the trans was bad so he got rid of it. 327 is a good motor but its not a power house in my opinion. They make great motors for jeeps when guys swap v8s into em.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts