Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Nice sounding SOHC 4.0L exhausts

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Anybody got suggestions? I've been debating redoing mine (if you don't know the story, it's a fun one), headers back to tailpipe. Nothing ridiculous sounding, no rice rocket crap. I was going through Summit's catalog lookin' at some of the stuff for the Mustang with the 4.0L, since obviously people have put a lot of thought into that. Anybody got any suggestions?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Yeah...I'm a fan of Borla and Gibson both for their subtle, but deep tones. The stock exhaust manifolds look pretty good for what they are...and I haven't seen any 4.0L SOHC headers for the Exploder out there (any Ranger guys know if ya'lls will fit, or if 'stang ones can be made to fit?). I'd like to go for headers, dual high flow cats, and probably a dual in/single out muffler out the stock location.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
There's a single cab ford ranger that goes up and down my road all the time. The single cab rangers only have the 3.0L V6. Anyway, he has dual tailpipes coming straight out the back. It sounds like a V8 passing by. I heard him get on it and it sounded raspy like a 4-cyl though.

My recomendation? A single 3'' cat back baffled muffler.

Ford Truck Articles