Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

eliminate e g r 2.3

has anyone ever done this and what all is involved {modifications ect....}
2.3 out of 93 put into 96 ranger ?
will it help to open exhaust restriction {larger pipe} ?
looking for small performance upgrade?

racsan

4xford
well, i dont know how different the '93 would be from a '88 but i had a '88 i got rid of the egr. it had a tube that went from the exhaust manifold to the egr valve, i took off the tube and had found a brass plug that would screw into the manifold where the tube connected, since the manifold and plug were different metals i wrapped a big hose clamp around to hold it in. on this engine (was in a '88 ranger 2wd supercab 5 speed) i also gutted the cat and had put injectors in from a 302. i do think all of my mods together gave a little more performance, milage dropped, but probly because i was enjoying the performance.... :)

same color as my boys only flare side single cab got pics on my phone just not sure how to get them on here.yea hes already got 24psi injectorsnow got make some changes he swaped motor out 93 got 96 wirring harness!!!hes got a complete 93 minus motor hes an a buddy of his striped try to sell parts to get his money back without taking it smash yard !

Ford Truck Articles