Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E4od trans to 400

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The E4OD already has an overdrive, that's what the 'OD' in e4OD stands for. And there is a GV unit for the C6. So unless you're looking to double up on overdrive, you should only have to pick one or the other. As far as what's involved, I'm not really sure, but I know you'd need a stand alone computer for the trans which is $500 if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if the C6 and E4OD share the same bellhousing, and if not, you'd need an engine to trans adapter plate.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
A e4od from a 460 truck will fit just need the correct flex plate and torque converter..

Will need a standalone trans controller for it since the e4od is electronic..

The e4od if getting rebuilt is expensive.. 1800+ most of the time.. A c6 1k-1500 depending on where ya go..

C6 with gear vendors is probably a better choice..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

keithgonzales

keithgonzales
Thanks fellows. I have a C-6 now but was kinda thinking about Double overing. I met a getleman last year on the Hot Rod power tour who was running a BB 502 in his 51 Merc LEADsled with a 4spd OD and GV and was getting 20 mpg out of that 5500# car running 70mph along side of me. I am building a 73 F350 cab and chassis that should weigh in around 5500# also after I finished.
Again thanks for the info, looks like my C6 is looking better all the time.

primetime

sawmill slave
Swapping an E4OD will cost about the same as adding a Gear Vendors unit on to the C-6. The C-6 won`t have a lock-up torque converter like the E4OD though.

Ford Truck Articles