Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

project last chance

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
for many years I aways wanted to build a swb 2wd f150 for some street/strip drags. finaly got the chance now. got this nice lil 96 a couple weeks ago

the plan is to put in a fresh 429 I took to the engine builder last week with a c-6 with 3:89's in a 9inch rear. hopefull my hands will be healed up so I can have it ready for our real street drags at our local drag strip the 1st part of june. ill keep ya'll post as progress moves fwd. diging threw 4 biuldings for the rest of the parts is about all I can do now one handed.its like a treasure hunt lol

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Nice truck

Screams for a crown vic front end to go with the 9".........:)

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
Nice truck

Screams for a crown vic front end to go with the 9".........:)

I thought about that,but wasn't shure if that would work on one this new. the 2nd phase of the project will be to do a 4-link rear and drop the front end a lil. mabe someone refresh my memory on a part. seems as tho I remember a speed senser from some car that'll fit in the speedo cable hole of the c-6 that would alow me to plug in the wires that went to the vss. anyone remember what car that was? mabe a crown ?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Yup, crown, or town car

The crown front end is almost a crossmember drop in........
cut and weld...
Just like putting a mustang II in a street rod.
You can even use the f 150 steering column

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Great project and sounds like you picked up a good start point. Keep us posted and post up some pics as you go!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Up top, on the right, there is a set of scales you hit on, to leave a good reputation for the poste. Sort of a like button

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
talked to my trans guy and will be taking the c-6 to him later this week. it'll be a carbon copy to the one that was in the old mustang 20 some of years ago, custom built coverter, full manual valve body,ect ect. I found just about all the stuff I'm goin to need around here now including the NOS kit and a hurst shifter. my wife didnt even realize I had this much stuff stashed away lol. gess its a good thing I'm a hoarder!!

talked to my trans guy and will be taking the c-6 to him later this week. it'll be a carbon copy to the one that was in the old mustang 20 some of years ago, custom built coverter, full manual valve body,ect ect. I found just about all the stuff I'm goin to need around here now including the NOS kit and a hurst shifter. my wife didnt even realize I had this much stuff stashed away lol. gess its a good thing I'm a hoarder!!

Cool ,anxious to see what you come up with!...smilieeatndrink

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
well my rite hand finaly got healed up and I had about a week before I had the doc fix the left one, so I got the wheels and tire mounted and installed

I cant believe how many folks ask me about the micky thompsons and never herd of them.

motor should be done by the end of next week I hope as with the trans

Last edited:
We're dealing with a generation of people that genuinely have never heard of the badassery of Micky Thompson tires.

The combo looks great!

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
well got a lil progress done today, not much tho. finaly working with both hands again even tho its slow, had carpal tunnel done back to back on both hands.

gota 9inch from the junk row and started to rip it apart then remembered yall like progress photos lol

I was goin to sandblast and paint the housing but when I flipped it over I discovered this on the back. that's probably ben on there for 20+ years so ill leave it

got'r torn down and ready for the power washer. ill sandblast the backing plates and order new axle bearings, brakes , hardware and wheel cylenders sometime in the next couple days

took the diff outa the box and found out it wasn't a Detroit locker like the box said but instead was a tru-track. idk mabe sometime along the way I had both and put this one in the box and used the locker for something else. anyways took the spool out and put this one in. I should get a pic of how close the other axles was to snappin after aprox 30,000 miles of street driving with the spool lol lets just say the splines arnt strait anymore

Ford Truck Articles