Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Unbelieveable!

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Check this out, and tell me what kept the engine running. Other than force of will. That or it's been running so long it knows where everything goes.

003-1.jpg

004.jpg

I don't want to hear anything about Ford ignition systems not performing. I'm sure it was firing through the carbon dust on the rotor because all the metal parts were in the bottom of the distributor. smilieFordlogo

Now thats what you call getting your moneys worth out of parts

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That is quite possibly the most amazing thing I've seen in a while.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
That dark semi circle on the rotor from the tip to the center hole is charred. Current path I figure. Inside the cap are little pieces of the melted rotor stuck to the sides. The rotor burned into that shape, not broken.

i just had that happen to me, the coil part of the cap completely burned off, and the rotor melted also. I have know idea why this would happen. the cap and rotor was new 3 months ago!

i just had that happen to me, the coil part of the cap completely burned off, and the rotor melted also. I have know idea why this would happen. the cap and rotor was new 3 months ago!

some of these new caps and rotars are complete junk. We bough a duralast gold cap and rotar(best one you can get in the auto zone brand and after a year it was junk, misfiring and spark knocking) I would hate to see how long the regular/cheaper cap would last, probably the 3 months like yours.

I'd buy a motorcraft or accel brand

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts