Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build thread

got a new battery, alternator, regulator, heater core, heater hose.

my dad said i could have his old tool box. i believe it was made by delta but i'm not sure its really old and pretty big. he said he stuffed a quartered up elk into it before to keep it clean. and he could fit his big saw in it with all his other tools he had for building shops.

put the tool box in a couple weeks ago, did some bed liner along the bottom of the truck to make it look a little better.

put two brand new speakers in.

ripped out the old carpet.

i will have about 1000 to spend on it this summer. its not much especially after it gets licensed and title transfer.

i will be left with like 700 after that. i need a new water pump that takes away 50 at least. so 650. then i need to either get a parts truck or get a good front clip and steering from a 78/79.

if i get a parts truck then i should be able to get everything i would need out of it but then i have no extra money until the extra stuff is sold or scrapped.

if i went and got just a clip and the steering i would be left with about 400 to spend on stuff. needs floor pans and a bed patch panel. even after that though i'm left with around 150-200 depending on where i get the patches. that could go to whatever i wanted...

not sure what i wanna do. any body have opinions or advice?

i will have my camera tomorrow so ican take updated pictures of everything.. going to do some work on my bumper tomorrow as well :) finally.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
500, i could sell that 460 and use the bed and front clip..
http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4354166892.html

http://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/4354337206.html

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4372314143.html

any of these seem worth it? they are getting scooped up fast right now

All worth it IMO. I would start with a complete parts truck. But damn, those don't look like parts trucks. Anyway, if you happen to get the blue camper special, I would be interested in the bedside tool box setup if you wanted to sell some parts. That would give you some money back.

Ill probably end up getting one of them if I get the green one the 302 will go in my little brothers car someday and then the cab and frame will be sold or maybe turned into a trophy truck..

The blue one I'd love to swap the bed and clip but not sure yet if I get it ill definitely get you some parts

All worth it IMO. I would start with a complete parts truck. But damn, those don't look like parts trucks. Anyway, if you happen to get the blue camper special, I would be interested in the bedside tool box setup if you wanted to sell some parts. That would give you some money back.

smilieIagree ....That green an yellow one good to go...:rofl:

my little brother is 13 right now. he is suppose to get a 65 tbird from his granpa and if i get that green truck the engine will probably go into the car

does that lift look like a 4 inch lift to you guys? those are 35's and they sit about 34 and half high

does the 78/79 steering swap right in or does it take some fabricating? i really need to get a drop pitman arm

For now i will just get it ready to be driven so I can actually use it. But eventually will be a frame off restoration but I won't be doing the paint any time soon I like the mismatched parts gives it more character. Plan to do rust repair and some stuff that the engine really needs. Maybe even an engine swap for a 390.

Glad you like it.

what ya'll think??? pictures make it look like its leaning forward, not sure why its like that but its pretty striaght in person...

4 inch lights will be added to the outside holes and then this summer maybe a winch and some clevis's.. hopefully it happens this summer.

Last edited:
found some rust above the rear window in the cab its not rusty at all on the outside so i think maybe the window seal was leaking at one point :/ oh well.. should be an easy fix

Ha. It took me five minutes to get up that hill in 4 hi with the pedal to the floor. 3.50's suck. Bumper is pretty. Much all 1/4 inch thick. Seems pretty solid and doesn't weigh the truck down at all..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts