Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus review

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2012-08-12_11-48-31_527.jpg

Door says 40 lbs cold with 31's.

32's on there now says max weight at 50 lbs.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Confusion not over. Wouldn't door numbers be in the 85-90% range? And only for factory size tires also, right?

Factory size but not brand. Not really, the tires on the Lincoln are rated at a maximum of 51 psi at xxxx load, the door sticker says 36 psi...so that is about 70%.
My 350 says 65psi on the door, tires say 80psi...so 80%ish in that case.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
2012-08-12_11-48-31_527.jpg

Door says 40 lbs cold with 31's.

32's on there now says max weight at 50 lbs.

And are you carrying maximum tire weight?...not door sticker weight...tire weight.

Isn't 51 psi way to high, I think it is the max and it all depends on your vehicle weight. I am rolling around town at 38psi.

I got the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tires for the Lincoln from Tirerack at the beginning of July...put them on the car on July 4th. I've put 6,000 miles on the tires in that time, and couldn't be happier. I was a little nervous the first few hundred miles, the car dropped about 2.5 mpg's, squishy handling in turns and the car just seemed to react differently on the whole. Well, after a few calls, I'm told these are typical characteristics of the tire until it's broken in...I was told 500 miles. It wasn't until I hit 500 miles that these things seemed to start to return to normal, and it wasn't until 1000-1500 miles where I became happy with the performance. Now they're better than any street tire I've run, including the Michelins they replaced. I've had these things through damn near any situation you can throw at a tire except snow and ice to this point. They stick like crazy when driving through the West Virginny hills, and I've had no issues traveling at highway speeds in rainstorms where you can't past your hood (in the dark). Sidewall and tread stability no longer show the typical issues that are complained about with LRR tires. My last trip back from Ohio, my average mpg was 30.1...previous best (with Michelins) was 28.6.

So to summarize...I was getting nervous about buying a brand new tires that had only been on the market for a couple weeks, and only got worse when they performed so terribly the first 1500 miles. But now, I think they could be up for a best in class. I don't think you can get any more out of an all-season grand touring tire.

Last edited by a moderator:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Funny this pops up...just rotated the tires for the first time in 16k (5 months). I figured it was about time, they started growling a little bit. After the rotation, nice and quiet again. I really couldn't be happier with these tires, super quiet, grab the road like nobody's business, no lateral instability and extremely minimal wear. I have no doubt I'm gonna get 70k+ out of these tires. I've been rolling around on 42-44psi, and I don't think I'm buying in to the LRR hype but I am still seeing about 1 mpg better than the Michelins. I'd recommend these tires to anyone...and actually think these are going on Bailee's Edge in the near future.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ben, have you been able to try the tires in some ice and/or snow conditions. I realize geographics play a part here, but was wondering if your travels had gotten you into some of those conditions.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I used them in some light dustings in OH, Ill and Wi a couple weeks back, but no real snow or ice. The siping would lead me to believe wintery traction would be as good as most general purpose tire.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well...I've had these tires for a little over 2 years and right at 60,000 miles. Thought I was going to be able to get another 10k out of them, but rotated them yesterday and noticed the shoulder was split on one of the tires. All of them have worn extremely well outside of that split, and I definitely plan on ordering another set. I really couldn't ask for more out of the tires, handled ice/snow/rain just fine, they saw trips as far south as Key West, as far north as NYC, as far west as Minnesota...and several times to the OBX.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks...back home for a little more than a week this time. Gonna take a few days off to get things done around the house and do some wrenching.

Ford Truck Articles